Sign in to follow this  
Reker1000000

7777 sticker sheet

Hello all,

I have heard some things on various forums about the 7777 Ideas Book from 1981 including a sticker sheet, but when I have looked it up on the internet I haven't found any pictures. Does anyone know if new copies of 7777 did include a sticker sheet, and better yet do you have pictures? I have also seen pictures of the large black steam locomotive with "DB 7777" stickers on the sides of the cabin, but most people say they've either gotten custom/third-party stickers or did some cutting of original stickers, so I don't know if any of these are actually original (if originals even exist). Any information would be helpful!

I have never heard of a 7777 sticker sheet. The book only shows sets and MOCs of the creators of the book using regular stickers from sets from that time.

On German eBay you find a lot of custom stickers in high quality, maybe someone also made a 7777 sticker. But I would say that a 7777 is customized using other 77xx stickers.

Best regards

Holger

I also don't think there was a 7777 sticker sheet indeed.

Sincerely it sounds new also to me!

I am now wondering which stickers it should reproduce, since as far as I remember 7777 models use already available stickers or printed bricks.

I have seen the DB 7777 around, I created one also by myself, but then I preferred to use generic DB ones.

In some cases I used the stickers of the official Lego model providing the main parts in the MOC (e.g. 7750 for big  steamers with big wheels) :pir-sweet:

I don't think there was an original one, either. The only stickers I can remember seeing used in 7777 were from the donor models (eg, '7760' for the maintenance vehicle on page 4) or from idea book 6000 (the circus scene).

I've seen one third-party sticker sheet that consists of:

* Stickers of a size to fit on train doors (company logo with '7777' underneath)
* Smaller stickers with just '7777'
* Two weight / water / coal capacity stickers of a size to suit weight bricks

All in white.

But no clown faces -- they're in the same vendor's 6000 sticker sheet.

I think I purchased that same sticker sheet that @SDLgo9 is describing. If you do get one, note that there are only 2 'door' stickers for each company so if you want to say build the 3 large electric locomotives, then I would recommend buying 2 copies of the sheet.

I only bought 1 so my placement was unorthodox

52054606313_94b5b7e135_b.jpg

in one book at his era was a train sticker sheet.....

I must dig deep in the papers...

Torsten

The Book 222 has a sticker sheet in the middle, with some train relevant signs