When the privateers arrived at Queenston, Edward and his men went ashore with the supplies before anchoring the frigate in a defencive position, protecting all entry to the bay. Colonel Dirk Allcock was absent from the colony while exploring the jungle, so Scarver took some liberties and ordered the construction of several properties. The first amongst them being a logging camp. As most privateers and other rough sailors are, these men were no strangers to logging, so the logging camp was up and running in no time.

The camp will serve useful during the early stages of the settlement, as the palm trees proved to be effective construction materials. With the building material produced in this camp, small buildings and defencive walls can be constructed at a much faster rate.

Logging Camp

Spoiler

Logging camp close up

Logging camp close up 2

Logging camp close up 3

---

I thought it was fitting that Queenston's first licensed build was a logging camp, so here it is! 

I originally started to build it on stud.io as a 64x64 build, but I lost inspiration and decided to do one in real bricks instead. I would have loved to put more trees in the scene and I wanted to build a tent as well, but I was quickly reminded of my lack of parts... but I think it turned out good nonetheless :pir-blush:

Will be submited as a medium factory

Edited by Justsomebrix

Clever use of Reddish brown trash under the trunk (I always wonder on how to use those small pieces of parts which breaks - I think the RB doesn't stand the sunlight behind window if exposed for some weeks )

Nice trunks for the palmtrees, really.

Spoiler

PS : I still hate your fleshy figs !

Really nice to make the tree stem out of those "Round 1 x 1 with Flower Edge" pieces! I think they look much better than the old stems (and also cheaper :))

Very nice diorama and great selection of minifigures! I like the new palm construction. The landscape is varied and interesting. It's fun to watch people at work.

Despite your supposed lack of bricks, this turned out great! I like the ground pattern you can see in the sides, going from brown to green. Plenty of activity to see as well, coupled with some great minifigs and attention to detail.

@Professor Thaum Thank you! Personally my pieces never see sunlight and they still break the second there's a bit much pressure (the reddish brown and dark red at least)

I have 300 flesh toned heads, I'll never stop! :pir-vader: 

@JopieK Thank you! I personally love the old stems as well (most likely because of nostalgia), but I had to find another solution as they are so expensive !

@NODThanks, minifigure placing is definitely my favorite part of building hehe

@KhorneThank you Khorne! I should have said *useful bricks, but really, I used all the dark tan/green plates and vegetation that I could find, figures on the other hand... that I have a lot of :pir-grin:

@Spud The Viking Thank you as always Spud!

@Fraunces Thank you :pir-huzzah2:

--------

Many people have commented on the use of flower studs for the palm tree trunks, so I wanted to share where I learned the technique.

It was from an amazing collaboration moc of Nassau from 2017 :

Edited by Justsomebrix

Great logging camp - it was one of the first things I wanted to do for Queenston - great minds!!! Hopefully I'll get a build and story out this weekend with Allcock in Queenston so that you can properly progress Scarver's story.

PS That's an impressive collection of tomahawks (I think I have one :pir-look:!!)

Lovely little camp.  Very impressed by how smooth they managed to get those bumpy palm stems. :pir-grin: