Sign in to follow this  
Sarg_Kulo

What Has Happened Here?

After not posting for years I have returned to find the community I liked so much in tatters. Xwingyoda and Vader have departed and the TIE Army (which I started :cry_happy: ) has gone. The community is dead and it deeply saddens me to see the forums in this state.

I really do not know what to say, I remember the good old days, when there were only a few hundred members but the community was, in my honest opinion, one of the best on the internet.

Would just like to say thank you to everyone involved in that community, and remember the good times. :cry_sad:

SK

Well, you may want to check out this.

EDIT: And this.

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Hey Sarg, it's nice to see you again. :classic: I don't really agree with your post though... True, there has been some unfortunate happenings, and the community is different, but it is far from dead.

I hope you'll stick around and give it a chance.

Calling this community dead is pretty far off.

I still have to find out what exactly happens in the new horizon, but there are still many things, that I do, that belong in this community.

This includes City stuff, Fabuland, most reviews, Space (might be moved to Classic Space) and most likely GBC as well.

Sure, if the TIE army is what you are mostly interested in, you might not find what you want in here, but I know no other place where you can find so much Fabuland :tongue:

but I know no other place where you can find so much Fabuland :tongue:

That is to be sure :grin:

But while the communities have split, there doesn't need to be any further fighting over it. Those who choose to come and enjoy the new community at Brick Horizon are more than welcome to, and those who don't wish to shouldn't feel pressured to. Being a member to either site doesn't need to be mutually exclusive, as many people have found out :wink:

Edited by Starwars4J

Good to see you! I had the same shock a few months back!

God Bless,

Nathan

Lego is a big wide community, different sites, one group.

It's so great to have you back around, Sarg! I know I wasn't around when you were here but it's great to have another mature, sensible Fellow 'round here, if ya know what I mean! :wink:

Welcome back! :sweet:

Hey now. Fabuland is not a fad, it's a way of life! :tongue:

Starwars4J makes a great point: There doesn't need to be any more fighting. Sarge Kulo, you haven't posted for two years, so of course there will be some change when you return. After making only two new posts, I find it a little rash on your part to judge our community "in tatters." We have an excellent new Star Wars moderator in your favorite forum and our current members have just as much life and energy for this community as they did when there were only a few hundred members here. Whatever conflict happened here has passed and it's high time we all moved on. I'm locking this topic because we have our site-which is great, they just launched their site-which is also great and I won't let anyone perpetuate any negative energy towards either community.

I think you answered your own question; most people you knew probably left as you did (maybe ever because you did :tongue: ) and are doing other things. I went back to live in my home town after being away for about 10 years and found that little was like I remembered. Internet communities change faster as it's so easy to leave. and EB is no exclusion. Communities are never a constant.

So yes, the EB you knew is dead, but a new one has replaced it. In six months it be different again. Some will like it, some may not. I may even be gone after eating some bad clam or something; who knows? It's all part of life, and I love it! :sweet: