Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR- Free Build] Briefing on Arlintina

After Colonel Allcock spotted an unknown Man O’ War anchored off the east coast of Arlintina, Captain Scarver received orders to help secure the island and protect the construction of the settlement. Ordinarily, the Admiralty Board would have sent a Royal Navy warship to deal with such a threat, but preoccupied with the Lotii, they had none to spare.

Anticipating a hard fight, Scarver had his frigate armed to the teeth and transferred all 3 of his (after weeks of pirate hunting, now rather small) crews onto his ship. But before leaving Spudkirk he had the cargo hold filled with supplies for the new settlement, including 8 pigs and 12 chickens.

They sailed down the southwest coast of Arlintina where they eventually spotted Allcocks camp. After going ashore, Edward was met by Captain Gregor Forrester, an officer of the 12th regiment of foot.

“Edward Scarver, welcome! I have been waiting for you. Follow me, I’ll get you up to speed on the situation.”

As they walked up the camp he continued, “Colonel Dirk Allcock has designated a prefered location for the construction of our colony, he is currently there overseeing her construction. My orders are to stay here and keep a lookout for any ships, friends and foes. The Man O’ War was spotted about 5 days north of here, the ship flew no colors and there were no men ashore, but she was large enough to inspire us to change direction and head west instead.” 

“No colors you say, that’s never a good sign.”

“You can certainly say that again. Your orders are to head East and meet up with Allcock at the sight of the settlement. You’ll stay there and protect the camp until we gather more information about our unwanted visitors.”

“You don’t want me looking for her?”

“Nay, we can’t risk her sailing into the settlement while you’re off on a wild-goose hunt on the other side of the Island. Besides, I have my best men looking for her as we speak. If she comes anywhere near the camp, we’ll know, and we’ll have you to intercept her.”

“I understand, my men and I will do what’s needed, you have my word.”

“Glad to hear it. The colony is on the south-eastern side of the island, I'll draw you a map of what we know thus far. It should take you about a day and a half to get there, but I suggest you head back into open water, the coral reefs on this side of the island don’t mess around.”

“All noted Captain, thank you. We’ll leave at first sunrise tomorrow, my men could need a good night's rest. We brought supplies for the colony, is there anything you’re in need of? Something tells me it’s been a while since you were last resupplied.”

“Much obliged, I’ll give you a list. Oh and I almost forgot, a name has been chosen, the settlement is to be called Queenston. Long live the Queen!”

~Briefing on Arlintina~

----

Just a small build to progress my characters story :classic:

Edited by Justsomebrix

Nice little diorama. With the palm tree, the plants, the flowers and the mushrooms, it is a beautiful landscape. It's an interesting story about the beginning of a new settlement.

Edited by NOD

Really nice vignette. Together with the story it reminded me of AC4 Black flag ;) Nice build.

4 hours ago, NOD said:

Nice little diorama. With the palm tree, the plants, the flowers and the mushrooms, it is a beautiful landscape. It's an interesting story about the beginning of a new settlement.

Thank you as always! The story was created only because I needed a reason for my character to go to Queenston, hopefully I will come up with a good story to continue the plot line :pir-tongue:

45 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Really nice vignette. Together with the story it reminded me of AC4 Black flag ;) Nice build.

Thank you! I definetly have AC4 engraved in my mind, so there was most likely some unconscious inspiration haha

That's a fun bench! Glad to see the work of settling Artlintina continue under your stewardship!

Are the mushrooms edible?

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

A nice wee build - I really appreciate a builder fleshing out lore/current affairs with the build!

This! --^

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

A nice wee build - I really appreciate a builder fleshing out lore/current affairs with the build!

Lovely bench and palm tree!

Thank you Spud!

14 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Are the mushrooms edible?

I'd imagine the troops would have eaten them already if they were :pir-grin:

16 minutes ago, evancelt said:

That's a fun bench! Glad to see the work of settling Artlintina continue under your stewardship!

Thechnically the story isn't there yet haha, @Ayrlego still needs to make it official through Allcock.