ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego M1A2D "Abrams" MBT

Hi guys! Here we go with another creation of mine, this time I updated my M1 "Abrams" MBT to the last version developed, the M1A2D.

This is the latest version deployed by USA Army, with SEPV4, TUSK2 and TROPHY APS.
The M1A2D "Abrams" MBT is fitted with M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun, Common Remote Operated Weapons System (CROWS) add-on kit, an M2A1 .50 Caliber Machine gun, 7.62 mm M240 machine gun in a coaxial mount (i.e., it points at the same targets as the main gun) to the right of the main gun, ballistic fire-control computer,  Honeywell AGT1500 multifuel gas turbine capable of 1,500 shaft horsepower, the AN/VVR-4 laser warning receiver and ROSY rapid obscurant system, Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer, and Gunner's Primary Sight will be upgraded with 3rd Gen FLIR, an improved laser rangefinder and color cameras, advanced meteorological sensors, laser warning/detection receivers, directional smoke grenade launchers.

52045831556_21e2724638_c.jpg

52046084134_90d6ac1792_c.jpg

52046344525_2b8559c32d_c.jpg

52046084094_2cae82db6b_c.jpg

52046344545_6c69faf9db_c.jpg

52046084039_679f4646a7_c.jpg

Fantastic!
I really like all the small Details you put in this build, the cooler-box and the detailed Interieur are particular cool 👍

beautiful. i don't know if you make stud.io models for your models, but this one deserves it. i love the interior of the turret. the 4x6 plate on the back could likely be replaced with 3 4x2 tiles, and would make the model look nicer. fantastic job, you even worked suspension into it.

Great MBT. I'm not quite a fan of the open brick bottoms on the side skirts, but your detail work is top notch. How you managed to stuff internal areas is amazing.

Thank you all! Glad you like it!

3 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

beautiful. i don't know if you make stud.io models for your models, but this one deserves it. i love the interior of the turret. the 4x6 plate on the back could likely be replaced with 3 4x2 tiles, and would make the model look nicer. fantastic job, you even worked suspension into it.

That's a nice suggestion!

2 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great MBT. I'm not quite a fan of the open brick bottoms on the side skirts, but your detail work is top notch. How you managed to stuff internal areas is amazing.

I choose this way because in the real tank side skirts are open in top, as you can see here

9 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

I choose this way because in the real tank side skirts are open in top, as you can see here

Well I'll be. With the added SEP package, it does appear that way. Well done.

13 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Well I'll be. With the added SEP package, it does appear that way. Well done.

:thumbup:

1 minute ago, SATSOK said:

well done m8 !!!

Thank you very much, I'm actually very satisfied with the result, maybe this time is definitive xD