Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

BrickWorld 2008

So, I'm a little behind on getting our coverage up of the BrickWorld 2008 event in Chicago. Copmike and I brought a display. You can see some of it here (Fabuland Death Star *winner best vignette!) and here (Fabuland Tantive IV). You can also check out the non-Star Wars and less popular Fabuland Sherwood Forest we built. In the meantime, I wanted to start sharing the event with you guys...

Pre-Event and Setup

Our display was put together and setup by the power team of:

Me

teaser_01.jpg

Riley

teaser_02.jpg

and Copmike

teaser_03.jpg

Some Eurobricks members were there with us too without even knowing it!

jipay and ImperialShadows

teaser_04.jpg

Captain Whack and the Flying Walrus

teaser_05.jpg

Ras and Sinner :laugh:

teaser_06.jpg

Me and Copmike (alter egos)

teaser_07.jpg

gylman

teaser_08.jpg

Sir Dillon

teaser_09.jpg

KimT

teaser_10.jpg

Hobbes

teaser_11.jpg

Mr. Mandalorian

teaser_12.jpg

Bonaparte

teaser_13.jpg

IZ

teaser_14.jpg

and, of course...Slave Krabs

teaser_15.jpg

Enjoy and stay tuned for full coverage at some point...soon...I hope :blush:

Update: Full Coverage

I'm looking forward to the full coverage! I really want to see some more pictures, seems like a fun event. (Nice figures, those custom decals are funny). :classic:

I'm looking forward to the full coverage! I really want to see some more pictures, seems like a fun event. (Nice figures, those custom decals are funny). :classic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157605768733448/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157605740621309/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157605725096242/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157605709341304/

Hope that helps!

Hah! Awesome display guys! I wish I could be there... :cry_happy:

~Peace

Thank you soo much, Hinckley!

This is a very nice little teaser. Aaah, I wished I would have been there.

Sure you guys had a great time. I can´t wait to see more pictures! :wub:

Nice pics. I already saw something on some brickshelf pages that only could be made by you. fabuland wars is terriffic. :thumbup::tongue::laugh::grin::classic:

edit: I see your friend on the background of Slave Crabs picture also.

Edited by Wout

Haha looks like it was a brilliant day. I love the fabuland war sets, but it pretty much all looked amazing - an awesome tribute to the creativity of AFOL's!

Tom

I'm glad you're posting your coverage! I was a bit worried you weren't going to.

It's nice to see that even if I couldn't make it to the event, I was still there in spirit. :sweet:

Did you actually bring Riley to the event? That picture looks like it was taken somewhere else.

Ah, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I might come next year. Hopefully youll do the full story soon! :thumbup::classic:

Excellent preview! Thanks for the lovely pictures. I am looking forward to the full coverage with more pictures. :wink: Hopefully, one day, I will be able to join up these kind of events. I am sure it will be great fun. :sweet:

This looks like it was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the rest of the coverage. I was considering attending at one point, but it was too far away for me to drive to (which seems to be the only safe way of taking MOCs, and displaying those is half the fun :tongue:). If any of you are going to the Brickfair event in DC later this summer though, I'll probably be there.

Edited by CP5670

You're teasing us with this coverage, but it's all been good so far. :thumbup:

I offered Jipay some of my clam cream sundae, but he just kept making that face at me. Sure beats the food in the Mystery Castle, I know that much, and we had great seats for the show. I especially appreciated how all the women would lean in to get a closer look.

And yeah, I see Jocko and maybe UB, though it's hard to tell because he's both blurry and facing the wrong way, which is pretty much how he usually looks. :laugh:

Good to meet you at brickworld, congrats on the well deserved win for Final Dual. I checked out walrus and Wacker, this week, and I'm sure I would have gotten more out of your display if I'd read it before hand.

If you want to display your stuff more often, NILTC doesn't have a fabuland module yet...

Karl

Looks like a blast! Thanks for the photos and attendance list!

God Bless,

Nathan

Looks like you guys had a great time, i hope i can make it to the US someday and haul megablocks across historic route 66 also while i'm there :grin:

Thanks Hinckley, your pictures give a lot of insight and information about the event. What fun you must have had! I envy you all the more now, I wish I could have been there... :grin:

I have enjoyed looking at all the awesome models on display, really something mind-blowing!

Oh, how I wish I could have gone.... :cry_sad: But Chicago is nowhere near me.

Well, there's always next year. Or do they host it in a different location every year? I'm confused.... :wacko:

Great event coverage. Very thorough, yet alot easier to look through than the massive unorganized photostreams that seem to be the main record of Brickworld. There were a couple of things I had already forgotten about, that I was reminded of. Really a great event.

Well, there's always next year. Or do they host it in a different location every year? I'm confused.... :wacko:

Brickworld is, and will likely always be, a Chicago area event. It actually takes place in Wheeling, a northern suburb of Chicago, and will be in the same location next year as it was this year.

Edited by Eilif

Chicago is very close to Columbus. Only about a six hour drive... :classic: You should come next year!

Thanks for the Pics from Brickworld Hinckley! As a new member of EB its nice to put a face to some of the senior members (makes me feel even more at home here!)

I have also checked out some of the other pics from your full coverage on Brickzone, and even read some Whacker and Walrus comics too.

I will have to see if Australia has any cool conventions now( i had heard there was something in Melbourne every year (10 hour drive though)