MKJoshA

May the 4th Contest - 2022

2 hours ago, Brickshipyard said:

Hello. Question for the MODs: would you allow a star ship entry based on the Aurebesh Alphabet found in Star Wars or should we only stick with the English Alphabet? Thanks.

For this year we're going to stick with the English Alphabet.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

For this year we're going to stick with the English Alphabet.

Good copy. Thanks for the clarification. Now to get to work!

My entries so far: (will update with more later)

Edited by Artizan

On 5/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, MKJoshA said:

Minimal overhang would be allowed. Just don't abuse it :pir-yoda:

So how much overhang is too much overhang? Like, if my vignette is 12.4x12 studs (12 studs plus the height of one plate), that wouldn't be too much would it?

3 hours ago, CrappyMocMaker said:

So how much overhang is too much overhang? Like, if my vignette is 12.4x12 studs (12 studs plus the height of one plate), that wouldn't be too much would it?

If you're adding a plate/tile to the edge of your 12x12 I'd say you're pushing the rule too far. If you have a plant that happens to overhang that much then you're fine. The idea is to build within that size restriction. Not to push the boundary for sake of pushing. If you post an example photo or PM it to me I can give you a better answer.

37 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

If you're adding a plate/tile to the edge of your 12x12 I'd say you're pushing the rule too far. If you have a plant that happens to overhang that much then you're fine. The idea is to build within that size restriction. Not to push the boundary for sake of pushing. If you post an example photo or PM it to me I can give you a better answer.

What if I'm using the base style used in the dioramas this year, and the grille plates push it just beyond 12x12? I have no problem switching it out if it's an issue, but I thought the consistency would be cool.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What if I'm using the base style used in the dioramas this year, and the grille plates push it just beyond 12x12? I have no problem switching it out if it's an issue, but I thought the consistency would be cool.

I'm going to quote the rule from the Summer Joust (which inspired many elements of this contest):

"Border is included in the 12x12 size limit, so if you want to include a border, the whole build still needs to fit on 12x12 studs."

So if your border includes a plate or grille tile SNOT'd out from the base that needs to fit within the 12x12 limit.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm going to quote the rule from the Summer Joust (which inspired many elements of this contest):

"Border is included in the 12x12 size limit, so if you want to include a border, the whole build still needs to fit on 12x12 studs."

So if your border includes a plate or grille tile SNOT'd out from the base that needs to fit within the 12x12 limit.

Ok, thank you.

Here's my entry for the Brick Built Creature category - the Loth Wolf.

I love these Star Wars contests, hoping to squeeze in another entry for a different category!

51 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

Here's my entry for the Brick Built Creature category - the Loth Wolf.

I love these Star Wars contests, hoping to squeeze in another entry for a different category!

So glad you were able to enter!

Entry: 

Updated 25 June 22. New limbs, neck, tail, tufts, jaw, and frown. 

Edited by jp-30

Here are my entries to the contest:

Purist minifigures:

Alphabet starfighters:

Creatures:

Vignettes (sorted from my least favorite to favorite):

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by CrappyMocMaker
new entry

This time it's an entry for the brick built creature category: a Blurrg mother with her child!

So many good entries. Just a few more days left to go everyone!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

So many good entries. Just a few more days left to go everyone!

Hoping to squeeze in another entry, but in working on it I came up with an update for one of my current entries. If I swap out one of the figures in my purist minifigures theme with another, fully updating and replacing the images, is that allowed?

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hoping to squeeze in another entry, but in working on it I came up with an update for one of my current entries. If I swap out one of the figures in my purist minifigures theme with another, fully updating and replacing the images, is that allowed?

Yes, you can make changes to your entry up to the deadline.

My entries: