*Your entry has earned 13 XP (S:4, T:4, A:5) + 5 bonus XP for a total of 18XP

Lieutenant Seb „Chase“ Koltin

Phindar, Demetras Sector, Outer Rim Territories

43:3:16 GrS (9 ABY)

After the New Republic’s conquest of the Pyria system, Wing Commander Varth created Blackmoon Squadron, referring to the codename of the planet Borleias during the operation. For his new squadron, which is made up of fresh-off-the-assembly-line E-Wings, the experienced officer recruited mainly pilots with experience in flying Incom vessels for clandestine Rebel Alliance cells in heavily fortified Imperial sectors.

Blackmoon Squadron has flown its first missions out of Phindar in the Demetras Sector. In stark contrast to Commander Varth’s reputation, the squadron has only lost a single pilot during the first four standard months of its existence. As a replacement for the fallen squadron member, Seb Koltin, a native of Vondarc and former commercial pilot, has been recommended to Commander Varth. Koltin has combat experience in both the Z-95 and T-65B, having served in Bothan Space and the Tapani sector during the height of the Rebellion.

52043027034_6b50f2f2ba.jpgFXT29954

Seb Koltin: Lieutenant Koltin reporting for duty, Commander!

Cmdr. Varth: At ease. Welcome to Phindar, Lieutenant, I hope you had an uneventful journey. You’re taking the callsign Blackmoon 9. Simulator training is scheduled daily at 0900 and 1800 hours, unless otherwise specified. Your quarters are in Complex Besh, Room 272. I’ll introduce you to the squadron and our support staff at tonight’s briefing, 2100, conference room Four, Complex Besh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For my first ever Eurobricks RPG build, I’ve created the hangar-space for Blackmoon 9 (indicated by the Aurebesh “9” on the floor) at the New Republic base on Phindar, the accompanying E-Wing starfighter, utility towers for mechanics, a mobile refueling tank and a ladder for climbing up into the cockpit. I hope you like it and would appreciate any feedback!

52043289985_ae7667e043.jpgFXT30001 Blackmoon squadron E-Wing

52041737242_f6114c2d3a.jpgFXT30004 E-Wing front view

52043030244_c51f084e0b.jpgFXT29999 E-Wing underside

52043027214_07896148ac.jpgFXT29955

52041735182_bb885663e8.jpgFXT29980

52043288630_2730d48ab6.jpgFXT29981

52043029704_48481435a1.jpgFXT29992 - the figures: R5-L2, Commander Varth, Lieutenant Seb Koltin

52042831233_be0ea94eaf.jpgFXT29988 - more figures: 2 mechanics

52042778526_ef56122e0b.jpgFXT29994 Underside of the ladder - I used the clear accessory clips to make it "hover"

I really like the scene and the ship - instantly recognizable as a E-wing and looks a lot like an official set.

The hangar and the greeblies all look superb too.

/Jon

5 minutes ago, Horsleben said:

I really like the scene and the ship - instantly recognizable as a E-wing and looks a lot like an official set.

The hangar and the greeblies all look superb too.

/Jon

thank you so much for the kind words Jon :)

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

Great build, I really like the E-wing design

thanks!

I built one a few years ago (2015/16) but took it apart due to structural issues in the front part and it just not being a very pretty model. I reworked it from the ground up, the only things that stayed the same were the rear compartment for the droid and the engines. Of the new version, I have now built 3: one white with a red stripe (like the NEGVV image), one yellow with black accents (nod to the Tanaab Yellow Aces) and this one. The landing gear was improvised within the last 2 days. In my cabinet, I display the E-Wings "in flight" (with transparent bricks)

Edited by Ephseb

Love that SNOT floor. But it's your E-Wing that really shines here! Fantastic work on the shaping, especially at the nose. I also like your use of the minifigure trans-clear handles to act as repulserlifts for the ladder.

I can only second what they others have said :thumbup: Great ship and hangar! Although the hangar build is reduced to the essential, it works perfect. I also like the minifig selection.

19 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Love that SNOT floor. But it's your E-Wing that really shines here! Fantastic work on the shaping, especially at the nose. I also like your use of the minifigure trans-clear handles to act as repulserlifts for the ladder.

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I can only second what they others have said :thumbup: Great ship and hangar! Although the hangar build is reduced to the essential, it works perfect. I also like the minifig selection.

Thank you both! It's high praise coming from builders as talented as you.

My goal with my second attempt at the E-Wing was to make it larger and thus more to scale with Lego's X-Wings. For that, I also had to redesign the snout, which was not very stable nor pretty looking in the old version.

I will post a thread with pictures of all 3 of my E-Wings on the main Star Wars forum so more people see them ☺️

As for the hangar - I was sitting in my room last week when suddenly, there was this "lightbulb" moment - I knew it'd work out with a SNOT approach, because using tiles would have been annoying to assemble and to take apart, and I wasn't sure whether I had enough dark grey and yellow tiles left. I did know that I wouldn't have enough pieces left to build a complete hangar bay and have it look as good & professional as I'd want it to within 3 or 4 days.

Edited by Ephseb

I'm a sucker for any EU vehicles so this was great to see!

Some nice techniques employed here that have already been called out!

19 hours ago, n1majneb said:

I'm a sucker for any EU vehicles so this was great to see!

Some nice techniques employed here that have already been called out!

Thanks! Then I hope you will also like my K-Wing, which I am going to submit for the May the 4th Alphabet Fighter contest :)

45 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

Thanks! Then I hope you will also like my K-Wing, which I am going to submit for the May the 4th Alphabet Fighter contest :)

I look forward to it!