eb_img0.png

Hi folks,

I'm happy to present my 42141 alternate build, which seems to be the first alternate model of McLaren Formula 1 released so far.

Instructions can be found as usual on rebrickable.

This Crash Team Racer Fun-Kart is an alternate build of set 42141 McLaren Formula 1 from 2022. No other parts are required to build this model. The model uses 3 spare parts that are included in the set 42141, with a total parts count of 1257. Keep in mind that the set 42141 McLaren Formula 1 comes in different versions with different sticker sheets that do not affect the build of this alternate model. If you own any of the set 42141 McLaren Formula 1, you can completely build this Crash Team Racer alternate model without any restriction.

What is a Crash Team Racer?

This Kart is driven by the character Crash Bandicoot in the 1999 video game Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart as competitor to the very popular Mario-Kart games. In 2019, the game Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was released as remastered version for next-gen consoles, where this Kart appears again in better quality. You'll find renderings from the video game at the end of this article.

Functions & Features

• smooth independent suspension in front and back
  • steering with working steering wheel
  • piston engine driven by differential through rear axle
  • custom built engine block
  • detailed design with many fun to play
  • 39cm x 29cm x 19cm

Impressions

a.gif

r_img3.png

r_img7.png

r_img11.png

r_img4.png

r_img6.png

n_img0.jpg

Testdriver Schorch seems very happy with the finished model...

n_img4.jpg

n_img5.jpg

The giant exhaust pipes with flames are easy removable for a more common look...

r_img9.png

Custom built engine

Because the standard engine parts won't fit at the scale of this alternate model, the highlight of this build is the custom made engine block, which works pretty well with a nice sound.

anim.gif

Instructions

The premium instructions for this Crash Team Racer comes with 258 pages of high quality images and steps to ensure a challenging but satisfying building experience with many cool building solutions. Instructions can be found on rebrickable. Following are some example pages of the instructions:

i_21_1x.png
i_40_1x.png
i_128_1x.png
i_236_1x.png
Racer from the video game

real1.jpg

real2.jpg

real3.jpg

Have fun with this Crash Team Racer alternate build.

AWESOME! :)

Edited by KLF

Awesome, really didn't expected something like this. This is really good and well done surprise

Unexpected alternate, it's a really nice match for the tires and the color scheme of the set, I guess that's how you chose it? I like how this is on a very different scale than the A model, and nice that you built a custom engine.

6 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Unexpected alternate, it's a really nice match for the tires and the color scheme of the set, I guess that's how you chose it? I like how this is on a very different scale than the A model, and nice that you built a custom engine.

Yeah the tires are very welcome for that and the model is bigger than expected with just a few parts left over - the common engine parts, a few panels and system pieces

I'm amazed at how solid you made it look! The parts seems to be a perfect fit, and managing to make it look like that is no small feat...

A very refreshing MOC! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

_ED_