Sign in to follow this  
kimkash

Help needed with Lego art digital CAD files

Hi all =]
Pretty new to the community here, signed up 6 months ago but only now got approved. Been a life long player of Lego, mostly technic these days.

I have certain idea for a software to utilize the Lego Art theme and to maximize the use of these sets in order to enable as much of artwork as possible, mostly custom things.

In order to do that, I need to know how many bricks been used on each build. We do have general count of all the parts that comes within the box but no idea about the actual part count, for example, been used to create Mickey Mouse (set 31202). Minnie Mouse uses different amounts of parts, and I thought the easiest way is to count using digital builds of these sets, but I couldn't find such files.

Did someone stumbled upon such files? for any Lego Art set for that matter...

Thank you very much y'all!

LEGO Art sets don't go for greater in digital LEGO (here in EB, at least), maybe because they are good sets for displaying but a bit boring to build.

Anyway it should be easy to count the parts (excluding the frame), because they are square with X x Y (often X x X, a square) 1x1 plates. For this reason it is presumable that Minnie Mouse mosaic uses the same number of parts than Mickey mouse one, as they share the same frame.

Looking at the frame of #31202 I can see five 8x1 tiles, two 3x1 files and two corner plates both for height and length. That means a 48x48 studs mosaic, 2304 pieces (2298 to say the truth, because 8 round plates are replaced by the Disney logo).
Otherwise you can notice that the mosaic is build on nine 16x16 large bricks, each of them with 256 studs. 256 x 9 = 2304 -> 2298 with the logo.

Edited by Calabar