This is a model of the Lamborghini Vision GT, based on a design by a Chinese brick company, but built and modified by me using genuine Lego parts. I don't own the Chinese model -- this was built entirely from publicly available material. The model intrigued me, but I found it a bit rough here and there. So I set out to improve it...

As the car was designed for a racing game, the rear view is what's supposed to be seen most.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The Chinese version was olive green; I made it lime green, using many parts from the Lamborghini Sian (set 42115).

800x399.jpg

I've made the taillights and roof transparent, and the headlights glow in the dark. Because that's awesome. :pir-grin:

800x600.jpg

What I really missed from the Chinese version was golden accents. I added all the gold I could. Because it's awesome! :pir-stareyes:

800x600.jpg

Front and back open up. Front is motorized, back is manual.

Spoiler

lambo_vision_gt_canopy.gif

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Unlike the Chinese version, this one is driven by 2 buggy motors for maximum speed!

The above is using CaDA's white-top battery box. With BuWizz it could go even faster!

On the turntable:

Part count: 2600. I've published a virtual model on Rebrickable :

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-110131/astyanax/lamborghini-vision-gt/

800x483.png

800x400.png

Do let me know if you see any more room for improvement design-wise!

Edited by astyanax

You definitely have a skill and eye for detail when I comes to improving models, and this is no exception. The biggest improvement for me is actually adding a v12 engine. Despite my dislike for the micro engines it’s definitely better than the lousy v8 the original had. I wouldn’t say it’s the prettiest of cars but I appreciate the work that’s gone into it none the less. It’s weird seeing a car without the traditional doors, this car must be a nightmare to get in and out of. 

Really nice facelift or something.

Like how You used old type panels in front. 

Looking at the rear wing, those panels from electric Porsche could be used there. Maybe in different scale. It would be interesting to see, that lego release also this model, as they have cooperation with Lamborghini.

9 hours ago, langko said:

You definitely have a skill and eye for detail when I comes to improving models, and this is no exception.

Perhaps it's just that I can afford to pay such attention to detail, because the heavy lifting in terms of determining overall structure and shape had been done already. :innocent2:

9 hours ago, langko said:

It’s weird seeing a car without the traditional doors, this car must be a nightmare to get in and out of. 

The problem doesn't exist, because the car doesn't exist haha! :drunk:

I've seen some videos of a full-scale mockup, but none that shows the car driving unaided...

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Looking at the rear wing, those panels from electric Porsche could be used there. Maybe in different scale. 

I did look into this. Couldn't make it work. Anyway, it was a hard requirement for me to retain the wishbones. I just looove that part! :grin_wub:

85x85p.jpg

I can go on and on to praise its visuals and looks. One thing [in general] I dont get at all is why a function's half part works smoothly than the other in Technic :pir-cry_sad:

When the front hood opened up it's probably the best I've seen in my little experience but as soon as it went down my excitement gone south.

@thekoRngear Are you referring to the gif or the YT videos? In the YT videos, closing is smooth, no? (The gif just loops the opening action.)

This looks awesome, just like your other models. Good job :)

On 5/3/2022 at 7:31 PM, astyanax said:

@thekoRngear Are you referring to the gif or the YT videos? In the YT videos, closing is smooth, no? (The gif just loops the opening action.)

Sorry for late reply. The YT videos. Don't worry, it's on nitpicking level. When the hood comes down, the lime parts on both sides jerks

Well done! I already liked the china model, a very cool design. But your improvements and added details really make it pop!

Thanks y'all for the compliments! I needed some time to finish the virtual model, now done. In the meantime there were no suggestions for improvement, so I went ahead and published it on Rebrickable. Link in the first post.

Enjoy! :pir-huzzah2: