Ayrlego

[COR-FB] Mokolei Outpost

As most Madricians know, the Mokolei Empire is a huge and diverse Empire that spans the continent of Halos. Tradionally Imperial power has been highly de-centralised with the Grand Sultan using a system of satrapies, however it is becoming more common these days to see Imperial troops at outposts throughout the different satraps. Here is one such outpost, manned by Imperial Janissaries.

52039522115_6db36c5960_b.jpg

Some WIP Shots for those interested in the build process:

The build started as a long held ambition to build something for the Middle Kingdoms, or Pyrite Heptarchy. As you can see from the title of this MOC, that was a fail! But never fear... the Middle Kingdoms will have their day soon! The tower was originally based around the blue wedge piece that I haven't really seen used much before. Like a lot of my towers, the build started at the top and worked down.

Spoiler

52039336029_44ba6ebf1e_b.jpg

After some feedback from @Khorne I decided it was too ornate for the more Byzantine look that I wanted for the Middle Kingdoms - it seemed much more 'Mokolei'! So I decided to completely redesign the tower... but why waste a perfectly good Mokolei tower?!?

Spoiler

52039601835_35ed6fc650_b.jpg

OK, I kept the dome but went for a more straight tower with less ornate details... but now both the Mokolei and Pyrite towers have blue highlights and the Mokolei tower needs a dome... I decided to dip my toe very gently into the world of brick built domes....

Spoiler

52039335904_f847332d45_b.jpg

Also why not try an outrageous new colour as a highlight? Dark turquoise anyone?!? Also had to raid my daughter's Frozen castle for the arched windows on top... she hasn't noticed... yet!

Hopefully the Middle Kingdom tower will soon follow, followed in turn by a planned (but not started) Great Alliance States tower to complete a trio of middle Halos builds.

Remarkable build! Where is that blue wedge piece which forms the dome on original tower from?

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Also had to raid my daughter's Frozen castle for the arched windows on top... she hasn't noticed... yet!

:pir-oh:  She will still notice that a pirate stole her windows. Someone like you belongs to the Sea Rats! :pir-grin:

It's great to see a building from another nation. I really like the tower with the turquoise roof and the decorations. The minifigures go very well with Mokolei.

Edited by NOD

Love the spice of exotic color in this build, those teal turntable bases look fantastic!  I'm also enjoying the details, the camel stable, the well, the texture on the tower with the grill bricks, to name a few.

23 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Where is that blue wedge piece which forms the dome on original tower from?

Good question... I found some white ones in a mixed Lego box I got a few years ago - they were from an Ice Planet set. The blue ones I got from BL, but I believe they came in 6190 Shark's Crystal Cave. Also it took me ages to find them on BL - they weren't under wedge or slope or anything you might expect - rather they can be found in Brick, Modified - Part number 2463!

48 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

The blue ones I got from BL, but I believe they came in 6190 Shark's Crystal Cave. Also it took me ages to find them on BL - they weren't under wedge or slope or anything you might expect - rather they can be found in Brick, Modified - Part number 2463!

Indeed I must agree with ye, they are hard to find, thank ye for the information and help! :pir-thumb:

Wonderful colors and execution! Good call on shifting it from a Byzantine build. Even the Hagia Sofia is pretty subdued. 

While you again used fleshies in this build :pir-grin:, the unique minifig combos really stand out!

Excellent dark turquoise accents on the building, they really make for an exotic atmosphere.

Excited to see how the other towers end up!

frontpaged.png

Great build, and dark turquoise is a stunning color choice! :thumbup:

I'm in love with the colours in this moc:wub: 

I wasn't even aware that dark turquoise existed in lego...

Truly a breath taking build. Also nice to see some more flesh toned figures, they work perfectly in the scene

Well done, looks beautiful!

Excellent colour selection.

Built in a very distinct architectural style - mostly Middle Eastern, but is there Mesopotamian influence as well?

Sheps

Another excellent addition to your collection of MOCs! You nailed the middle eastern vibe. The architectural style is great and it was nice to follow the progress of the build. The dark turquoise is a top choice for accent color and complements the tan perfectly.

Love the minifigures too, especially the janissary :thumbup:.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, Sheps said:

Built in a very distinct architectural style - mostly Middle Eastern, but is there Mesopotamian influence as well?

Not intentional, but now that you mention it I can see what you mean!

Beautiful MOC ! Colors are well chosen and trees loks like real ! well done !

On 4/30/2022 at 7:35 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

always the question: What to do about that top of the lion head brick...

Ugh, it's such a wide brick at the top. Shame, coz otherwise its a beautiful profile.