TheBeeze

GBW Hot Zones- Open Discussion

15 hours ago, jansued said:

Not thought about that yet. Maybe staff should function as a "broker" for managing the amount of paid missions and the payment...

We can if you would like, but I was more inclined to allow you to work directly with the players and ask what you want for whatever they are asking you to do based on your time and availability. Either way we have to move the money from their account to yours.

Wanna think about it and let us know? 

15 hours ago, jansued said:

Both would work for me.....Totally up to you...

I'm gonna let you guys do your own negotiations but you can bring me in afterward for the money transfers. 

You can do free builds any time you want though, especially with the contest going on!

So, if I wanted to attack and try to annex another country that doesn't have a player, can I just do that or is that not allowed?

Im new, so sorry if that's a stupid question.

8 hours ago, Mirror1810 said:

So, if I wanted to attack and try to annex another country that doesn't have a player, can I just do that or is that not allowed?

Im new, so sorry if that's a stupid question.

Good Question. Right now, we are in the opening portion of this game to get everyone acquainted with the structure and work out any bugs. Conflict Zones (territorial conflicts) have not started yet and will be limited to certain areas. 

That being said if you initiated one through free builds, we would have to get the game moving in that direction a lot sooner. 

I do want to point out that the BON would likely condemn your actions and my airforce would be one of many tasked with bombing you back behind your borders. At that point, any chance of diplomacy between you and other nations would be close to zero. So you might wanna wait a little bit before you go invading sovereign nations. 

5 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Good Question. Right now, we are in the opening portion of this game to get everyone acquainted with the structure and work out any bugs. Conflict Zones (territorial conflicts) have not started yet and will be limited to certain areas. 

That being said if you initiated one through free builds, we would have to get the game moving in that direction a lot sooner. 

I do want to point out that the BON would likely condemn your actions and my airforce would be one of many tasked with bombing you back behind your borders. At that point, any chance of diplomacy between you and other nations would be close to zero. So you might wanna wait a little bit before you go invading sovereign nations. 

Ok, that is good to know and I am not planning on attacking anyone that soon. Though, if an official declaration of war is made, as described in the Brick of Nations post, it would be okay, right?

1 hour ago, Mirror1810 said:

Ok, that is good to know and I am not planning on attacking anyone that soon. Though, if an official declaration of war is made, as described in the Brick of Nations post, it would be okay, right?

That would depend on your pretext for declaring war. It's one thing if they are infringing on your country.... it's something else entirely if you just want to infringe on theirs. We'll have to see how things unfold. 

22 minutes ago, firearmsfan said:

Hi

Is atomic warfare allowed? Just asking, because it would be really interesting for the game.

In the other years of GBW it has not been allowed. The one time it might have been allowed, members took it to a Brick of Nations vote to ban them and it passed unanimously. 

I will allow all of you to discuss this.  

41 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

In the other years of GBW it has not been allowed. The one time it might have been allowed, members took it to a Brick of Nations vote to ban them and it passed unanimously. 

I will allow all of you to discuss this.  

Thats sad! It would be pretty nice if you would live every day under the freight of your country getting bombed! (Not IRL, i only mean this for GBW :sceptic:)

The glorious proletariat of the PDSRE are staunchly against atomic, nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons! Pursuing and using such heinous weapons would count as Crimes Against Minifig and we would file charges of War Crimes with the Brick of Nations.

I've got a question: can you make soldier trades? For example, if in the story a soldier comes up (not owned by another player) that you want to have in your squad, can you do something like exchanging one of your soldiers for that soldier? Would be interesting.

I don't believe any story line personnel will appear that can be exchanged for. Besides the Cartel forces, every minifig and their story is the player's. You can always make a similar backstory and abilities for any soldier, sailor, airman, marine, special operator, ect you want to. Take Lt. Dmitri Rodin, he's the son of a minor Politburo member, and was recently was sent on assignment with one of the most infamous pilots in the PDSRE Air Force. After living a sheltered and comfortable life, just look at the expression on his face when Major Brickinov goes in for the tactical landing on a road (https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/188841-gbw-i15-–-pdsre-–-short-field-landing) This young officer has plenty of room for character development. You could do something similar with your recent trainees. After getting through their special forces school, have them grow during challenging assignments. Make your minifigs yours and write them into the heroes (or anti-hero villains) you see them as.

I was asked about adding more missions to the map. There are several missions that are out and pending right now. I'd like some of them to complete before we post a lot more missions. 

Also, I wanna note that some of these missions have long story arcs that will evolve over time. So it is important to observe them for the future. The staff put a lot of work into crafting some really great missions and stories. 

Progress shot of what I've been doing since I keep getting asked if I'm still building. That jet and a few others not pictured will be coming to a hot zone near you once the parts come in. Waiting on more baseplates to finish my runway length. Already have enough road-plate pieces. A little ambitious, but we'll see what happens. It's 24 48x48 base plates and will be 18 32x32 baseplates for the runaway. 

20220704_151051.jpg

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

Preview of things to come. Progress shot of what I've been doing since I keep getting asked if I'm still building. That jet and a few others not pictured will be coming to a hot zone near you once the parts come in. Waiting on more baseplates to finish my runway length. Already have enough road-plate pieces.

My, that's an ambitious scene you're building. That's more road plates than even I have! Glad to see they're become accepted. Love the Darkstar style stealth aircraft on the ramp.

Just now, Feuer Zug said:

Love the Darkstar style stealth aircraft on the ramp.

I built the plane no joke about 3 months ago. When Top Gun came out the first thing that went through my head was "Great, now everyone is going to think I built this because of the movie." I'll post a build for it soon, it's based more so on the render drawings I've seen for the SR-91 Aurora. 

20 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Progress shot of what I've been doing since I keep getting asked if I'm still building. That jet and a few others not pictured will be coming to a hot zone near you once the parts come in. Waiting on more baseplates to finish my runway length. Already have enough road-plate pieces. A little ambitious, but we'll see what happens. It's 24 48x48 base plates and will be 18 32x32 baseplates for the runaway. 

20220704_151051.jpg

Man, this is gonna be HUGE! Btw, is this a Top Gun Maverick reference? xD

21 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

20220704_151051.jpg

Wow! That's massive. A very ambitious project, so take your time. I'm hyped for when it's finished.

4 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Man, this is gonna be HUGE! Btw, is this a Top Gun Maverick reference? xD

😑.... No

I just want to say, as horrible as it is, I do like the whole event around failing a mission. I absolutely love this new Hot Zones format!

edited for spelling mistake :ugh:

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

finally got home. already built the building that will appear in my new free build! but ill still have to wait some time for something else to arrive...