TheBeeze

GBW Hot Zones- Open Discussion

2 hours ago, firearmsfan said:

but ill still have to wait some time for something else to arrive...

I know the pain, I'm waiting on an order for lighting kits that I have to build into my MOC before I continue on.

ill just make it a 2-part thingy, so i dont have to wait so long. ill just post the first part now and the second one when that something arrives.

edit: just posted part one and wanted to say something: part 1 is not related to the second one, they will have different lores but the protagonists and the place will still be the same.

Edited by firearmsfan

17 hours ago, TribunM said:

Question: is there a necessity for a signature figure or is it advised? 

A sigfig isn't required, but is a nice touch. Additionally, you gain a bit of currency for the build. That said, a sigfig isn't required to be used in every build. Mine is a pilot, but my latest build was a naval scene. Major Brickinov wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Apologies, I've been travelling. I'll be catching up on builds, the map, PMs, and other matters over the next few days. 

Love the active runway lighting. I was wondering why you hadn't put tiles on the edges, but now I know.

3 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

I was wondering why you hadn't put tiles on the edges, but now I know.

Yeah it's a lot easier to work with these pieces without filling in the tiles until you know for sure that this is where they are going to live. Plus I might have some aesthetic detailing on the runway portion to show the rubber marks if I can get it to look right. Building on this scale is always a challenge. One of these days I'll get around to building something small haha. 

7 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

Map Updated. 

Ok... But the Nak-Hu Gun for hire mission is still valid, cause' it's gone from the map?

Just now, Mirror1810 said:

Ok... But the Nak-Hu Gun for hire mission is still valid, cause' it's gone from the map?

Yes, once it is assigned to you. Few missions remain once assigned. 

1 minute ago, TheBeeze said:

Yes, once it is assigned to you. Few missions remain once assigned. 

Ok. On another note, can you have multiple missions assigned to you at once?

1 hour ago, Mirror1810 said:

NOPE

NOPE

Ok. But if you post your build for a mission, it is seen as finished and you can apply for the next one, or is that also not allowed?

Once you finish a mission you can do another one. The reason for this is so that it doesn't prohibit other builders from taking missions.

Is it ok to use lego builds of real vehicles, or do you have to build your own? Because i've got a lot of replicas of real vehicles that i'd like to use in future builds.

20 hours ago, Mirror1810 said:

Is it ok to use lego builds of real vehicles, or do you have to build your own? Because i've got a lot of replicas of real vehicles that i'd like to use in future builds.

I want to make sure I am answering this right. Yes, you can model real world vehicles. Players are allowed to use items from places like brickmania and elsewhere as long as they give credit. In your case, you are using LDD so you need to make your own designs (whether real world vehicles or made up). 

I want to make sure I am answering this right. Yes, you can model real world vehicles. Players are allowed to use items from places like brickmania and elsewhere as long as they give credit. In your case, you are using LDD so you need to make your own designs (whether real world vehicles or made up). 

Ok, good to know.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:34 PM, Mirror1810 said:

Story Missions: Throughout the game situations are going to arise around the globe that will provide opportunities for players to embark on a story building adventure. Each of these story arcs will have it's own missions and requirements for completion. PLAYERS CAN ONLY SIGN UP FOR 1 OF THESE AT A TIME SUBJECT TO EXPIRY.

Contract Missions: As the war rages around the world, entities are going to request certain "services" from players at random. PLAYERS CAN ONLY SIGN UP FOR 2 OF THESE AT A TIME SUBJECT TO EXPIRY.

Would have loved to participate in that arctic mission, as I am shaping an arctic army component for my country. But I am off to some vacation for two weeks until 28nd. 

Missions are slowing down a little bit. Unfortunately a large portion of our base is still on holiday and unavailable so the same people are continuing to complete the missions. Things will be picking up as the weather turns a bit. 

Hey, so maybe someone can help me with this. In the Gun for Hire: Qarkarea Mission, it says that a quote, "disguised local presence" is wanted. What is meant by that? Like, do they want Undercover Agents, or uniformed Guards?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mirror1810