Sign in to follow this  
Roses

[MOC] The Lizard Wizard

He turns frogs into people!

The Lizard Wizard

This one came about as I was rummaging through my Knights' Kingdom 2 pieces after having finished the Dragon Hunter and finding Sir Santis' (8794) torso piece. I've been loving the 1x1 Technic ball (32474) lately, particularly to make eyes, and I thought they fit perfectly on the sockets of the KK2 body's hips. I'm using the same technique as the Fly Samurai's eyes with the small Racers tires here.

The Lizard Wizard

Initially the character was meant to have both legs, but after running out of red boat studs I thought I'd give him a wooden leg for some flair. Since it looked odd with just the wooden leg, I added some potions and knick-knacks to give it a sort of traveling, hoarder-wizard allure. The first version of the character also had a staff, but I opted for a simple cane for the "Mad-Eye Moody" kind of vibe.

The Lizard Wizard Close-Up

I used to be pretty picky when taking pieces from built sets in my collection to use for MOCs, but I've started to care less and less about keeping sets in pristine condition and am now favoring taking pieces from sets in display to use in MOCs. :tongue:

The sets that were cannibalized to build this character are 40338 Christmas Tree for the red 1x1 Technic balls (32474) and the four "Red Brick, Round Corner 5x5x1 without studs" (24599); as well as 75978 Diagon Alley for the black and yellowish green 2x2 spheres with stud used for the potions.

Really good NPU of that Knights Kingdom Torso.

Bit of a in joke with TRG (The Runaway Guys) But would his name happen to be Bizzard?

Thank you both! I'm really happy with these character builds because they're so open to the use of weird pieces like the KK2 torso, which I would never know how to use in another context. The little details are also a great opportunity to put strange parts to good use!

On 5/2/2022 at 3:38 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous character, I like the flasks hanging from the neck and the snake at the beltGorgeous character! :excited::wub:

Thank you, that snake was the very last thing I added to the character before taking pictures! It's hooked onto the belt with a black droid arm, and an elastic band wrapped around its tail for extra ropy detail. The flasks were pretty relaxing to build, I built way more than I ended up using. There was once even a love potion using these two pieces and some 1x1 round plates with hole:

15745.png (in pink) and 3005.png