MajklSpajkl

[MOC][Architecture] Whydooshna Metropolis

Hello everybody,

I would like to present you my first ever architecture style MOC, that was built for our LUG's forum Architecture competition. It's called Whydooshna Metropolis, but more on that weird name later. First some shots...

Whydooshna%20Metropolis%201_1024px.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

The biggest challenge was to find good enough amount of bricks to finish a building, as most of my inventory consists of Technic parts. I tried to use some fancy techniques but only manged to do some snot and double-oriented plates in the base plate...

Regarding the buildings, I immediately decided to make fictitious skyscrapers, as it is hard enough as it is and I really admire those who are able to reproduce real buildings in such small details. 

Now about that weird name: Whydooshna is read in English the same as we pronounce my home time in our dialect. It is correctly written Ajdovščina, but we call it Wajdušna and if I want it to sound like we say it in English... it became Whydooshna :grin: My fellow countrymen are also fond of a joke, because we say W instead A in front of our town's name: Name three places that start with "W". -Wimbledon, Washington and Wajdušna (Whydooshna) :blush: I know... not that funny, but I guess everyone has a not-so-funny joke up his sleeve.

Anyway, I hope you like my Metropolis, I apologise for the photos not being of the finest quality.

Thank you for your attention and constructive criticism. I put below some more details about the creation...

Best regards!

Miha

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Really great job and very coherent design, on the buildings as well as the landscape! That little helicopter ist also very neat. I really like those trees, I've never seen those little micro palms put directly onto flower stems.