Hello,

I have been designing some custom LEGO stickers lately and I'm really enjoying it, I have found this place near me that prints good quality vynil stickers.
The problem is that these stickers are quite thick, so they won't work for example for the legs, cause they come off when the leg bends. Same for the heads when putting on hair.
Is there thinner vynil sticker paper that would work for the legs? What's your experience?

I'm also considering waterslide decals, I've read the tutorials here on the forums.
I couldn't find any recent example of custom minifigures made using this technique, can anybody share some hi res photos?
Also, is there any way to print light colors on dark pieces with waterslide paper?

Thanks! ;)

Edited by Hidronax

On 4/25/2022 at 3:29 PM, Hidronax said:

Also, is there any way to print light colors on dark pieces with waterslide paper?

Yes. You need to buy opaque (white) waterslide paper instead of clear.

One issue with waterslide decals is that you still need to be neat at cutting out, even with transparent backgrounds. You still see the cut edges like you do stickers.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Yes. You need to buy opaque (white) waterslide paper instead of clear.

One issue with waterslide decals is that you still need to be neat at cutting out, even with transparent backgrounds. You still see the cut edges like you do stickers. 

Thanks for your reply!
I don't really mind too much the edge to be fair, and hopefully waterslide stickers shouldn't be as thick as vynil anyway.

Do waterslide decals allow leg movement, to your experience?

On 4/27/2022 at 11:20 AM, Hidronax said:

Do waterslide decals allow leg movement, to your experience?

Not really. You can sand the thigh area before applying, but decals are likely to get scratched or peel right off if you do a lot of posing the figure as they are still quite thick (but thinner than most vinyl).

On 5/10/2022 at 9:34 PM, MAB said:

Not really. You can sand the thigh area before applying, but decals are likely to get scratched or peel right off if you do a lot of posing the figure as they are still quite thick (but thinner than most vinyl).

Thanks for the info!
Sadly, I guess pad printing is the only option for upper leg decorations...

Hi, i use waterslide decal.

It is not on all the legs, but on the round part.

But theses minifigures are on exposition, and not for playing, so i can't tell you if it would last long.52673802728_d71864994e_w.jpg

Edited by CDKiii
Wrong subject