Hi, 

I would like to show you my new toy - it is from scratch purpose built Trial Truck inspired by many existing MOCs (mostly by Madocca1977's Profa Tatra in area of drivetrain and steering linkage. The axis of rotation of the halfaxle is not coincident with the driveshaft.
It packs modular drivetrain split between front and rear axles. You can choose between 2, 3, or 4 XL motors and very easily connect the two halves - Front/Rear or Right/Left. All halfaxles does have planetary gearbox HUBs in wheels, steering is powered by one L motor.

In case you would like to build one yourself, check the building instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-109209/Horcikdesigns/pdf-8x8-tatra-t813-trial-truck/#details

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x400.jpg

You can see it in action in video below. (video from first race of this years season of Czech Lego technic Truck Trial Championship) - It used there only two XL motors and external custom power source (9.6 NiMH akupack)

More photos of this truck could be seen here:
https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/tatra-t813-8x8-trial-truck

Edited by HorcikDesigns

I always welcome new tatras because one MOC that I work on for some ¾ of years have tatra axles (it is 4 x 4 x 4), but has to be approximately 21 studs wide together with tires (I have chosen Unimog tires).

It is very interesting design of axles but unfortunately I have only 4 reduction hubs and they are already in my Fastrac.

Wow, 21 studs is not much. Lookig forward to see it finished (or at least WIP).

This one is 26 studs wide (front bumper). 

I got bunch of the hubs from lugbulk, but this truck uses cheaper "3rd party version". They work well, but needed some tuning. 

9 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Wow, 21 studs is not much. Lookig forward to see it finished (or at least WIP).

This one is 26 studs wide (front bumper). 

I got bunch of the hubs from lugbulk, but this truck uses cheaper "3rd party version". They work well, but needed some tuning. 

Here is how it looks now (it is in the box since I have 4 planetary reduction hubs and managed to use 2 XL motors and currently I'm redesigning my Fastrac; planetary reduction hubs allow bigger turning radius so I have to make more narrow chassis...)

Very nice design, I like the coloring and the minimalist paneling with a few big pieces that just fit nice. The drivetrain also looks simple and efficient, I like how it incorporates planetary hubs. In the steerig system, do the liftarms that connect the two steering racks pivot around some point that makes the second axle rotate less?