Ayrlego

[COR-FB] Palm Island Outpost, Port Woodhouse

Before departing for Terraversa last year, Colonial Governor Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock approved a new series of infrastructure projects around the approaches to Port Woodhouse and Jameston. The first of these projects are now being completed such as a dual purpose customs outpost and military battery in the Garma Strait. Constructed on a small outcrop of rock and sand which has been expanded, the outpost consists of a platform for a battery of two cannon, a small barracks and customs office and a watchtower for spotting and recording shipping. The builders were careful to preserve as many of the palms as possible on the island, to provide shade for the garrison. The outpost is currently staffed by a mixture of standard redcoats and green-jacketed riflemen from the Port Woodhouse garrison. 

52021144241_54d215066b_b.jpg

I felt like some classic style imperials so here is (another) watchtower! It may not look like it, but the 'island' is built on a big Duplo Base. Also there are a total of 9 'classic' style palms - which may be a record for me. With all the minifig customisation going on I decided to try the BrickWarriors shakos on my redcoats and  green jackets. I like them, but I'm not sure about them for my Port Woodhouse style builds.... Will probably license as a customs post (commerce) for the settlement. 

What a great building! All the colors work really well together and adds a sense of realisme, however the shakos look a bit weird on the redcoats imo, but I love them on the dark green uniforms. 

That officer has some unusually long arms!

Edited by Justsomebrix

This is a beautiful building. I particularly like the castle tower with the medieval battlements. The infantry hats look good too, too bad they're not multicolored.

Nice job! I agree with @Justsomebrix that the BrickWarriors shakos look best on the 95th rifles - having them on both units removes a little of their uniqueness!

The classic palms do a great job framing the build and give it a classic feel.

Yay Duplo base!

Is that both medium nougat and dark orange 1x1 specs in the lower white walls (and normal nougat farther up)?

Too bad about the fleshies :pir-grin:

frontpaged.png

Such a good use of yellowed bricks here!  A lovely fort, great vegetation around it, really a MOC that I can stare at and enjoy for several minutes! 

Would ya look at that... I like the elevated platform it's on and how it interacts with the whole base. The whole thing is exquisite, love me some pantile too. The spindling technique on the palms is particularly ingenious.

Excellent build. I love the amount of foliage, and the use of colour conveys the warmth of this setting pretty well.