viracocha

[MOC] Moose Monument

52016835504_f4ddaf0ca8_c.jpg

Moose Monument by Dmitriy and Anna, on Flickr

At the confluence of the Kamenka and Iseti rivers near the city of Kamensk-Uralsky in the 1980s, a sculpture was installed - a metal Moose.

The author of the monument is the artist and sculptor Vladimir Permyakov. The idea for this sculpture was suggested to him by chance – one day, in the late 1970s, a real moose wandered into the city. The monument was erected on the rocky shore of the river Iset. Now it is the territory of Razgulyevsky Forest Park, where iron ore was mined during the formation of the Kamensky Plant. Initially, the sculpture was silver in color. It has been repainted four times in 40 years. The moose turned gray, pink, spotted. Today, its main color has become orange.

52015548627_031cdd816d_c.jpg

Moose Monument by Dmitriy and Anna, on Flickr

23d67b89b54c27569c3fd3d3d2d03e7a06f9213b

Great work! Love the angular shapes. I do like the simple ground made of stacked bricks, hard to explain, but the looks has a different quality to it compared to a fancy SNOT terrain.

I am glad that you noticed this, @ExeSandbox. I have tried many different techniques for the rock. And stopped at simple bricks to emphasize the contrast between the sculpture and the base. And I also wanted to show that this work is assembled from lego, since in the place where it is exhibited, the audience is mostly not familiar with this kind of art.

Thank you, for the comment.