Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Raise the Black Flag! Flagship, Galleon "La Gomera"!

52019571260_19b32c308e_b.jpgLa Gomera 11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Commodore Kane stood on the quarterdeck. He was now leader of his own fleet. From Charlatan Bay Commodore Kane sails to Kings Island with his fleet. The fleet consisted of 7 ships. The La Gomera, Cartagena, Habana, Paraiso, Esperanza, Estrella and Trinidad. The La Gomera was the flagship, a heavy war galleon of the latest design. The destination of the journey was Calisto, a wealthy Mardierians settlement.

52018012777_9d63002b78_b.jpgLa Gomera 12 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Don Frederico Álvaro de Bazán y Guzmán, marques de Santa Cruz was governor of Calisto. He is a corrupt, greedy and miserly man. He recently invented a new tax. Anyone wearing a hat on the island had to pay a levy. The bay is protected by a large fortress. The governor's palace is located 2 kilometers northwest on a hill. It's time someone sailed to Calisto to say "hello".

52019048001_36d67531da_b.jpgLa Gomera 13 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Early in the morning, it was May 21, 622, the lookout sighted the island. "Land in sight!" The ships then changed course to the east. From the east they then sailed in a line west past the great fortress. The guns were aimed. As each ship sails past, it fires at the fortress with a broadside. The brig Paraiso, the frigates Esperanza, Estrella and Trinidad then sailed straight into port. The harbor command was also fired on with broadsides. When the ships docked, the pirates stormed towards the harbor command with wild roars. There wasn't much resistance left. Most of the soldiers quickly surrendered. In addition, the roads leading to the fort and the governor's palace were manned and secured.

52018012872_edbe84ce40_b.jpgLa Gomera 14 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The galleons La Gomera, Cartagena and Habana made another round and covered the fortress with another broadside. After that they anchored outside the harbor. The dinghies were launched and manned. The main force of the pirates was carried into several voyages ashore.

52019300999_e909c2e734_b.jpgLa Gomera 15 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On land, the pirates were divided. A quarter continued to occupy the city. Half march towards the fortress. Swivel guns and bottle grenades were also taken along. The last quarter marched towards the governor's palace.

52019571010_7dcc8b8f5e_b.jpgLa Gomera 06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Capitano Miguel Rivera y Moncada is commander of the Calisto Fortress. That morning he believed the world was going to end. The tenente reported to him that a fleet of pirates was approaching. The fortress was already on alert and all the soldiers were in their positions. However, he knew that the situation was hopeless. He had repeatedly advised the governor to fortify the fortress with long-range cannons. The governor had always refused his request on the grounds that no one dared attack Calisto. Did the pirates have information about this? Not a single bullet reached either ship. While the broadsides of the pirate ships bombarded the fortress to ruin. 2 hours had passed since then, the injured were collected and cared for. Only a small part of his soldiers were operational. The sargento reports that the enemy is marching towards the fortress. Capitano Miguel did not want to continue fighting for the governor, so he surrendered. The pirates took guns and ammunition.

52019300634_cf12bdf967_b.jpgLa Gomera 07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Kilian Qatar was second-in-command and commands the main force of the pirates marching towards the fortress. The swivel guns were brought into position and the pirates got ready to storm the fortress from cover. Suddenly they saw a white flag. Capitano Miguel wanted to negotiate. Kilian Qatar accepted. Weapons were taken away from the soldiers and they were left alone so that the wounded could be cared for.

52019047761_e411f84fdc_b.jpgLa Gomera 08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Don Frederico heard the thunder of cannons while having breakfast. Haughty, arrogant and conceited as he was, he thought his magnificent fortress was sinking a pirate ship. He wasn't worried and went on eating breakfast. After that he has a meeting with important gentlemen of the Casa de Contratación. This is a trading company from which the governor always gets gifts of money.

52018012572_1113a88d36_b.jpgLa Gomera 09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Anton Slavik was a high-ranking commander and commanded a company to capture the governor's palace. There was little resistance, and the palace was conquered very quickly. Kane the leader, Anton and some pirates marched into the study where the governor and the lords of the Casa de Contratación were staying.

52019092038_b70b590a94_b.jpgLa Gomera 10 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Governor: "I am Don Frederico Álvaro de Bazán y Guzmán, marques de Santa Cruz governor of Calisto. You disgusting pirate rabble dare to disturb me."

Anton Slavik: "Silence Fredi!"

Immediately Anton gave the governor a hard slap in the face. He thought his head would fly off his neck. Then Anton kicked him in the nuts. The governor lay on the ground like a whimpering pig.

Kane: "Listen, you little sausage! You show me where the doubloons are right now or I'll make a necklace out of your balls."

52019300229_9ddb74970e_b.jpgLa Gomera 01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Anton pulled the governor back to his feet by the ear. Limping and taking small steps, Don Frederico led the pirates to his treasury. This was filled with many boxes of doubloons and all sorts of gold items. The pirates plundered the entire contents of the room. The crates were loaded onto the horse-drawn wagons. The horses were unhitched at a carriage. After that, the pirates tied Don Frederico and the corrupt people of the Casa de Contratación to the wagon. They had to pull the wagon to the port.

52019570815_84a9d5fba5_b.jpgLa Gomera 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

At the port, the treasures were loaded onto the ships. After that, the entire pirate fleet sailed away. The governor cursed and raged loudly at the port. The first city dwellers took to the streets. Their homes were not looted and no harm was done to any of the residents. A good opportunity to take revenge for the injustice. Residents beat up the governor and his henchmen. After that, they all threw them onto a rowing boat. "Never come back to Calisto!" They quickly rowed away from the island.

52018012317_c74b480f37_b.jpgLa Gomera 03 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Sorry for the Bad English. I wrote the story in German and then translated it with Google Translator.

52019091718_902e9f1d99_b.jpgLa Gomera 04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

52019047621_af1f4a6ff3_b.jpgLa Gomera 05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

On the background of the first photos, Playa de Palma can be seen on Poppy Port:

Map:

T-MCRA Map - Clear

Mardier:

Brethren of the Brick Seas: Class 9

The widest point on the main deck is 26 studs included railing.

The widest point on the cannon deck is 28 studs included hull (without outside hull tile).

The deck is from the aft to the forward railing is 104 studs included railing, at the feet of figurehead is 122 studs.

The waterline is 106 studs.

Total length is 142 studs.

Edited by NOD
Correct errors in translation.

1 hour ago, Justsomebrix said:

Amazing ship as always NOD! I also enjoyed the story

Your fleet is getting very powerful !

Thank you very much, I am very pleased that you liked my newest ship and the story.

17 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

:pir-love:

Thank you very much, I am very happy that you like it. My topic is double. At Brethren of the Brick Seas, we do not get new members. New members are at LEGO Pirates and Pirate MOCs. With topics and replies we can perhaps arouse interest.

51 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Here comes the new @Kolonialbeamter !

Thank you for the comparison!

@Kolonialbeamter have built a lot of great things! It would be nice if he would be active again in Brethren of the Brick Seas.

Anything is possible at Brethren of the Brick Seas. It's a complex game and I had to learn a lot. I did a lot of things wrong at the beginning. Again and again I was helped and I tried to correct my mistakes.

13 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Love how intricate your builds are! Don't be shy of showing more close ups!

Thanks, I'm very happy that you like my builds. The photos on Flickr have a higher resolution 4096 x 2304, you can see more details.

I like close ups! You're right! I will show close ups on my next ship.

listen my friend nod, i really do like the ship and the story as well. I'd like to see more close up shots itstead of much of the same angle. I'd also like to SEE the story you know. You picked the Mardierians as plunder-bait which is not bad, and the story took time i can see, but show us something more next time, you know what i mean? 

So in conclusion, keep up the building and story-telling effort, but show more detail/action. Show the pictures of the same ship from the same angle also but in a spoiler maybe. 

Nice work nonetheless matey

16 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent ships. Really good! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you very much, I am very happy that you like it.

12 hours ago, Fraunces said:

listen my friend nod, i really do like the ship and the story as well. I'd like to see more close up shots itstead of much of the same angle. I'd also like to SEE the story you know. You picked the Mardierians as plunder-bait which is not bad, and the story took time i can see, but show us something more next time, you know what i mean? 

So in conclusion, keep up the building and story-telling effort, but show more detail/action. Show the pictures of the same ship from the same angle also but in a spoiler maybe. 

Nice work nonetheless matey

Thanks for the good tips. I am glad that you like my story and the ship. The story doesn't match the photos, but I didn't want to build another complete landscape with buildings. But I will show more close-ups on the next ship.

13 minutes ago, NOD said:

The story doesn't match the photos, but I didn't want to build another complete landscape with buildings. But I will show more close-ups on the next ship.

You don't have to build a whole new moc, but I think what Fraunces was saying is that you could show elements of the story through scenes. For exemple you could have showed the part where Kane threatens the Governor by building a small scene inside the study.

36 minutes ago, Justsomebrix said:

You don't have to build a whole new moc, but I think what Fraunces was saying is that you could show elements of the story through scenes. For exemple you could have showed the part where Kane threatens the Governor by building a small scene inside the study.

Exactly! 

55 minutes ago, NOD said:

Thanks for the good tips. I am glad that you like my story and the ship. The story doesn't match the photos, but I didn't want to build another complete landscape with buildings. But I will show more close-ups on the next ship.

Yes, keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, Justsomebrix said:

I understand now, an additional build like you did with your ship that you gifted to the ETTC.

41 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Exactly! 

Yes, keep up the good work!

:pir-classic:

19 hours ago, evancelt said:

Super impressive @NOD! Both in scale and detail

Thanks very much! I had fun building a big ship.

I am seconding @Fraunces on this. Your builds are exquisite. Not even lying. I wish I knew as much about part usage, as you have forgotten. Just put a few minifigs in. Not because your MOCs need anything but because this is an RPG group. Otherwise just drop them in the Pirate Theme forum for broader appeal. Your ships and structures seem to be 'to scale'. An incredible accomplishment considering how cartoon lego is. Now bring what you have already built to life. It could be as simple as 'the change of watch on the deck of a ship you've already made or a pursuit of bandits down the cliffs of that gorgeous pan-tiled tower on a cliff. Is that your SR base?

11 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

I am seconding @Fraunces on this. Your builds are exquisite. Not even lying. I wish I knew as much about part usage, as you have forgotten. Just put a few minifigs in. Not because your MOCs need anything but because this is an RPG group. Otherwise just drop them in the Pirate Theme forum for broader appeal. Your ships and structures seem to be 'to scale'. An incredible accomplishment considering how cartoon lego is. Now bring what you have already built to life. It could be as simple as 'the change of watch on the deck of a ship you've already made or a pursuit of bandits down the cliffs of that gorgeous pan-tiled tower on a cliff. Is that your SR base?

Thanks very much.

That's very good advice. I understand and recognize my mistakes. I'll try to do better next time. I have some ideas.

I don't have an SR base.:pir-bawling: I'm just a simple and humble sailor. :angel_sing:

On 4/28/2022 at 8:49 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Wow just wow ... So many excellent details in all of this ... How long did the renders take?

Thanks very much! Rendering the landscape with the ship took about 4 hours. Only the ship took 1 hour.