Sign in to follow this  
Roses

[MOC] Dragon Hunter

Dragon Hunter

I keep a little notepad on my desk where I write down any pieces to buy or any ideas for things to build in the future. One of the first things I wrote down was to make something inspired by the weapons in the Ratchet & Clank video game series, which I grew up with in the PS2 era. Checking out my parts collection I came across a horse helmet from 4819 Rebel Chariot and some other dragon pieces from 4818 Dragon Rider, which are some of the oldest sets I own, but whose pieces I never knew how to put to good use.

I knew I wanted to build a weapon with something like a dragon skin covering it, but after finishing it I didn't know what kind of character should wield it. Why not some weird cyberpunk, gladiatorial dragon-humanoid?

Dragon Hunter's Blaster

It really seems like the weapon was built frst and then the rest followed. I also love the solution for grip on the, well, grip. It never occured to me to attach fingers to the gun itself. So simple yet effective!

How's the back looking!

14 minutes ago, Jerac said:

It really seems like the weapon was built frst and then the rest followed. I also love the solution for grip on the, well, grip. It never occured to me to attach fingers to the gun itself. So simple yet effective!

How's the back looking!

Thank you! I tried different solutions for the grip where the gun and the hand stayed separate, but eventually I settled on an integrated grip mainly for stability purposes. The closed hand with finger on trigger effect does end up looking quite good, though!

Hehe... no back pictures is a running theme for my characters, since inner structures end up being very bulky to hold up the front details. I always use this image to describe the back of my MOCs:

template-homer-simpsons-back-fat-996-0c6

I'm trying to pay more attention to the backside and the posability of future characters! One day I'll make one with 360-degree displayability :tongue:

Hahahahah I totally understand... :D

I gotta say that hand solution for guns is THE solution. I will shamelessly steal it one day!

Godly sculpt work on the body! (or should I say devilish?) Love how you seamlessly blended the bionicle parts into the brick built parts. 

16 hours ago, Roses said:

Hehe... no back pictures is a running theme for my characters, since inner structures end up being very bulky to hold up the front details. I always use this image to describe the back of my MOCs

I think it's a clever idea, I should take advantage of this too. :snicker:

When it comes to weapons, my first association is chainsaw gun from Gears of War but inverted. I really loved sculpt like this one. Teeth and whole head looks dope.

Every time you surprise me with impressive construction techniques! :thumbup:

I like the detail of the teeth (done with the two gears) and the fingers made with different techniques for the right hand compared to the left! :wub: