Dreamweb

[MOC] Hippocampus - my new ship with an unusual hull

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wow! I have to refrain looking at any ships to not get bad (time, money and space demanding) ideas but this one looks really great! Autistic as I am the clean-as-possible colour scheme is appreciated!

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

Excellent job Mr. @Marooned Marin ! 

NAY Mr. Dreamweb, I had absolutely nothing with writing this wonderful blog-post, all the credits goes to our Governor.

I only frontpaged you, and you are welcome.

You better edit your post and thanks here, before he gets the wind of it, and decides to practice some of his power over us! :pir-triumph:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

You better edit your post and thanks here, before he gets the wind of it, and decides to practice some of his power over us! :pir-triumph:

Which governor?  There's no governors with power here!

7 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

EDIT: Arr, that's quite a blog entry you've made there! :pir-classic: I especially like the picture of myself with the Duplo set. :pir_laugh2: Excellent job Mr. @Marooned Marin !

pir-classicpirates.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always love combining duplo and lego, and this is as good as it gets!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

  There's no governors with power here! 

Well, the Eurobricks Staff Structure writes somewhat different:      

pir_governor.gif

Mister Phes holds this position. Its powers and exact role are mysteries, but if you watch any pirate movie you should get the general idea.

 

The line above this may give clue to one major power Governor has:

...respect should still be given to them wherever you see them just the same; you don't want to have The Governor bending you over the barrel... 

:pir-grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

The line above this may give clue to one major power Governor has:

Actually, I'll cast a spell and turn you into a frog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2022 at 4:31 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Wow! I have to refrain looking at any ships to not get bad (time, money and space demanding) ideas but this one looks really great! Autistic as I am the clean-as-possible colour scheme is appreciated!

Thanks! :pir-classic:

On 8/20/2022 at 5:17 PM, Marooned Marin said:

NAY Mr. Dreamweb, I had absolutely nothing with writing this wonderful blog-post, all the credits goes to our Governor.

Well in that case apologies to @Mister Phes. Indeed I can see your name below the blog post. Great job with the blog as a whole!

On 8/21/2022 at 1:36 AM, SNIPE said:

Always love combining duplo and lego, and this is as good as it gets!.

Thanks, but because of the combination, the bow is extremely fragile. I guess I will have to rework and reinforce it a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to give this a 10/10 but I don't see a parrot or monkey.

Seriously though, this is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A strong ship. The mighty colors are very adamant, too, which is pleasing to see sail in my imagination.

Edited by Viper Knight
I originally typed "sale".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, Schneeds said:

I was going to give this a 10/10 but I don't see a parrot or monkey.

Seriously though, this is fantastic.

Let's leave animals to the pirates. :pir-classic: Thanks for the comment!

 

On 8/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, Viper Knight said:

A strong ship. The mighty colors are very adamant, too, which is pleasing to see sail in my imagination.

Thanks!!! :pirate:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt even think about using duplo hull in MOC. So It is impressive ship because of her curved line, color match, Corner part(4x4x6) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2022 at 4:21 PM, Third Navigator said:

I didnt even think about using duplo hull in MOC

Thanks for the comment! It's much harder to do than a regular hull, partially because of the curvature. :pir-classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insanely good. I especially love the colour blocking with grey and the matching gold plus a tasteful navy for accent. Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I thought i already commented on this beauty! Now there is no praise to add, just one minor thing: i would suggest to enlarge the sails a bit so that they get a bit more blowy/round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Blej said:

I especially love the colour blocking with grey and the matching gold plus a tasteful navy for accent.

Thanks! I really wish LEGO released the standard ship hull pieces in dark blue (to match the dark blue boats which some of the imperial soldiers were given).

On 9/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, Stoertebricker said:

 i would suggest to enlarge the sails a bit so that they get a bit more blowy/round

I did experiment with various sizes. Perhaps I'll still try that! Thanks! :pir-classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.