Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone! 

This time I want to show you a 1:8 scale concept car that I built and the design of which was inspired by popular supercar manufactures such as McLaren, Ferrari, Pagani and Aston Martin with my own spin on it. 

1280x720.JPG

The car has 4 remote controlled functions with a help of a Buwizz 2.0 brick:

-2XL motors for drive (with a working V8 engine)

-1 servomotor for steering (with working steering wheel)

-1 M motor for the raiseable spoiler

-LED lights front and back

1280x720.JPG

There are also some manual functions such as opening hood, engine cover and spring loaded doors.

1280x720.JPG

The interior was inspired by the Pagani Huayra: 

1280x720.JPG

And here are some more pictures, including a side to side next to the SIAN:

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x960.jpeg

You can view more pictures here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/ILEAALEX/daemoniv8all

Here is the Youtube video: 

and the building instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-108272/Alex Ilea/daemoni-v8-rc/#comments

Thank you for viewing!

Edited by IA creations

I like it too! And agree that the Mclaren vibes is definitely there. It’s cool to see some more freestyle models, I like seeing the creativity of what people come up with. The paneling around the rear arches is especially well done :thumbup:

4 hours ago, langko said:

I like it too! And agree that the Mclaren vibes is definitely there. It’s cool to see some more freestyle models, I like seeing the creativity of what people come up with. The paneling around the rear arches is especially well done :thumbup:

I enjoy quite a lot creating new cars, and not just building scale models of real ones. I am also very proud of that area, it was built right after I got the Ferrari 488 set. Thank you! 

6 hours ago, nahpets said:

I like it - probably closest resembles a mclaren for me!

Yes, it is close to it. Thank you! 

Wow what a model, the sculpting of the bodywork and attention to detail is remarkable. The 2 step movement of the rear wing is sweet as well. Would love to see the chassis and drivetrain without the bodywork, as it seems to drive really well by the video.

Take note Technic builders, that's how you make and edit a promo video for your models.

3 hours ago, MxWinters said:

Wow what a model, the sculpting of the bodywork and attention to detail is remarkable. The 2 step movement of the rear wing is sweet as well. Would love to see the chassis and drivetrain without the bodywork, as it seems to drive really well by the video.

Take note Technic builders, that's how you make and edit a promo video for your models.

Thank you so much for the compliments! I actually rebuilt the car today after making the instruction and took some pictures of the frame with no bodywork (it's the one with black wheels): 

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

1280x720.JPG

The drive train is simple with 2 XL motors geared 20 to 12 for some added speed.

Great job on this modern supercar interpretation!:thumbup:

The bodywork and chassis are of high quality and I like the spacious cabin. There are a few areas which could be refined IMO, but admittedly these areas are always struggling points on any sports car. :wink:

Keep up the good work buddy!

30 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Thank you so much for the compliments! I actually rebuilt the car today after making the instruction and took some pictures of the frame with no bodywork (it's the one with black wheels): 

1280x720.JPG

The drive train is simple with 2 XL motors geared 20 to 12 for some added speed.

Thanks for sharing these photos, the chassis looks just as well built as the bodywork. Fantastic work, tis a great model.

Great work! Your building style looks super clean and everything looks sturdy. My only complaint is the bonnet (frunk?). Maybe some intakes would have looked nice (similar to P1). Otherwise it’s a great looking build. 

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

1 hour ago, T Lego said:

Great job on this modern supercar interpretation!:thumbup:

The bodywork and chassis are of high quality and I like the spacious cabin. There are a few areas which could be refined IMO, but admittedly these areas are always struggling points on any sports car. :wink:

Keep up the good work buddy!

I built this car as a comeback in 2021, after 1 and a half years of "dark age" and updated some elements this year and was finally happy with it.

1 hour ago, MxWinters said:

Thanks for sharing these photos, the chassis looks just as well built as the bodywork. Fantastic work, tis a great model.

The chassis is a crucial parts in every built, so might as well beef it up :)

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Great work! Your building style looks super clean and everything looks sturdy. My only complaint is the bonnet (frunk?). Maybe some intakes would have looked nice (similar to P1). Otherwise it’s a great looking build. 

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I love beautiful, flowing shapes and I try my best every time to get it right. My style is something I still need to work on, I seem to overuse pieces everywhere :) The car is indeed very strong, can be picked by the roof no problem. The support beams in the engine bay are functinal btw. 

Thank you all for the kind words!

Really cool car. Usually I dont think made-up cars don't look as good (being a sportscar designer is a hard job after all :laugh:), but not in this case. The car really looks like a MCLaren to me lol. But since I am not that interested in newer cars the small details and differences will slip through my fingers.

I like the interior and how the flex axles are used here :thumbup:

Only complaint I have is that the rear looks a bit cluttered, which is really not needed as making a car with original design allows you to shape the design around the bricks, instead of the other way around.

Also the exhaust pipes would look better if there was no pin inside them. Is it possible to mount them on pins with stud instead?

10 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Really cool car. Usually I dont think made-up cars don't look as good (being a sportscar designer is a hard job after all :laugh:), but not in this case. The car really looks like a MCLaren to me lol. But since I am not that interested in newer cars the small details and differences will slip through my fingers.

I like the interior and how the flex axles are used here :thumbup:

Only complaint I have is that the rear looks a bit cluttered, which is really not needed as making a car with original design allows you to shape the design around the bricks, instead of the other way around.

Also the exhaust pipes would look better if there was no pin inside them. Is it possible to mount them on pins with stud instead?

I am too, really happy on how the interior turned out.

The rear could have used some more big panels to make it more smooth, but at the time I thought it looked pretty cool as is. 

Yes the exhaust pipes can pe mounted with the stud pin, it might improove the look.