Admonisher

[MOC] The Muppets - Sweetums & Thog (Brickheadz-inspired)

A friend on Facebook was lamenting the lack of a Sweetums minifigure as part of the new CMF line. I observed that Sweetums is so big relative to the other muppets that the scale would be way off, so I proposed this Brickheadz-inspired version instead. Just a Studio render, but entirely buildable in real life!

z5h8TxP.jpg

And of course, as long we have Sweetums, why not Thog? Sticking to available colors was a challenge -- but of course, it's just not Thog without the adjustable ears!

g7sNewj.jpg

And together for scale...

GA57ZqH.jpg

Edited by Admonisher

They look great! Sweetums is instantly recognizable, enough so that I, with my limited muppet experience, knew who it was even without knowing his name (I thought he was named jack? Scared the sh*t out of me as a kid, so it's funny to hear his real name is Sweetums.)

On 4/21/2022 at 11:12 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

They look great! Sweetums is instantly recognizable, enough so that I, with my limited muppet experience, knew who it was even without knowing his name (I thought he was named jack? Scared the sh*t out of me as a kid, so it's funny to hear his real name is Sweetums.)

Heh. With the "Jack" thing, you're probably remembering a gag from The Muppet Movie:

On 4/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, Simpsonsman120 said:

These are awesome!

Any chance you have a parts list or instructions for these?

Thanks! I didn't until you asked, but I poked around in Studio and discovered that it wasn't too hard to export parts lists and knock out basic instructions. So here you go! I included parts lists for both Sweetums and Thog individually, and another for both of them together.

If you do build these for real, please do come back here to post pics ... I'd love to know how they turn out!

Edited by Admonisher

On 4/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, Admonisher said:

Heh. With the "Jack" thing, you're probably remembering a gag from The Muppet Movie:

Man, seeing that thing move around still gives me the creeps. Thanks for digging that up, that's definately where I got it from.

Are you able to export the parts list as a format allowed by bricklink so I can mass add them to a wishlist?