Snapshot

[MOD] Take two 10270 and shake, part2 - the town-house

Following on from my double-width bookshop last year, here's my double-frontage three storey version of the town-house. I reduced the crawl space to just one brick in height, enough for the bases of the bow windows, and did away with the curved steps. Internally, on the ground floor, I left the door for the crawl space stairs as an under-stairs cupboard and added a TV lounge in the new room on the left. I then added a new floor which is basically a mirror of the ground floor but with a window rather than a door at the front and without any interior detail (yet).

Modifying the top floor for the increased width was 'interesting' and I added a 'power-bulge' at the end which could accommodate a bathroom.

I considered making it the full 32 studs wide but the only way to do it would be to add four studs either side of the door and the thought of having to re-do the roof didn't help.... I just need to make the empty 8 studs into a garden or something.

14.jpg.

12.jpg

15.jpg

Good modification. The symmetrical front works well. Maybe have a driveway for the car to the side?

I'm now regretting not getting a second set for $135 because this looks so good!