Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR-FB] Tinker's Forge, Brickford Landing

The settlement of Brickford Landing is slowing expanding. Recently a blacksmith and his wife arrived and have set up a small forge in the settlement. Now residents of Brickford Landing can have metalwork repaired and smaller pieces commissioned as the craftsman plies his trade.

52010229780_7a372b16d8_c.jpg

A quick digital build I completed while overseas recently. Will be licensed as a medium artisan in Brickford Landing.

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A quick digital build

:pir-oh:   How long did it take you to build it? This is a very beautiful forge. I especially like the open fireplace. The tree is also well built, I can imagine that it took a lot of time to build.

I like the shape of the building and the triangular roof for the furnace. Those stem leaf trees take a while, but the result looks good!

Compared to your physical brick builds, the photo is more evenly lit and it makes it appear somewhat less lifelike.

Fun to see this style of base built digitally

What setting are you using for the glowing lantern and fire ... I've not had any luck with the lighting effects.  

On 4/18/2022 at 5:01 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

What setting are you using for the glowing lantern and fire ... I've not had any luck with the lighting effects.  

It was a total accident! I put some trans-light blue in the bottom of the trough to simulate water, but when I rendered it the whole trough glowed blue. On investigation I found that Stud.io has two types of trans colours - normal and 'Glowing neon - render only'. I'd selected the blue glowing neon by mistake. I fixed the water (which probably explains why when rendering the water in this MOC my computer kept crashing - I bet I had glowing on...) and decided to try the effect for the lamp and forge. Works well for fire, not so well for water!