Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] "Land Ahoy" by Ralf Ranghaal reaches 10K Support on LEGO Ideas

blogged.png

"Land Ahoy" by Ralf Ranghaal  (@ranghaal) has reached 10K Supporter on LEGO Ideas and will be eligible for the next review period that starts on the 2nd of May, 2022.

Read the Project Page and LEGO Ideas Blog Post for further details.

lego-pirates-ideas-land-ahoy-promo-ralf-ranghaal.jpg

I made some similar builds before and was asked to submit them.

So I made this model of a map using only regular, standard techniques.

It is quite sturdy and a real build model. I plan to do a video showing how to roll up the flat build.

After rolling up a stand has to be attached. I made quite a basic stand out of basic bricks

The model can be made even more sturdy by adding a hose inside. Of course it cannot be rolled up then any more.

This is a design that is eye catching and has never been done before as a set.

lego-pirates-ideas-land-ahoy-above-ralf-ranghaal.jpglego-pirates-ideas-land-ahoy-flat-ralf-ranghaal.jpg
lego-pirates-ideas-land-ahoy-side-ralf-ranghaal.jpg

17 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting design. I might steal it to build a ringworld.

A pirate ringworld? :pir-love:

The ring world reminded me a bit of Halo^^

It looks really awesome.
So awesome that I wanted to recreate it. :pir-grin:

20220420_223527neu6zj11.jpg

Congratulations on the 10,000 votes!

On 4/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, Raziel-117 said:

The ring world reminded me a bit of Halo^^

It looks really awesome.
So awesome that I wanted to recreate it. :pir-grin:

20220420_223527neu6zj11.jpg

Congratulations on the 10,000 votes!

Oh! :pir-love: Great to see this. Using brown for the frame is a nice twist!

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

Hey @ranghaal , it's great to see you here. By the way, you were blogged.pngon the Classic-Pirates.com, check it out. :pir-thumb:

I have been here a few years ago but it seemed like forums were dying back then and everthing shifted to social media. I kind of hate it as the span of time a moc is interesting drastically diminishes.
I came back because I wanted to do some more tutorials that can be found by using a browser. Maybe 99% less people wil see them but I love to think that the data won't be lost.

That's a really cool blogging post! Someone really cared for what I had to say and also pointed out how the builds are linked. (Though the origin and godfather of my curved builds was left out - Understandably as it was a Space moc :-)

I plan to show a tutorial for my "Death of a salesman" Moc soon. That one was quite some work and I guess documenting might provide some inside. And again it is linked to many of my other Mocs. 

Edited by ranghaal

Congratulations on getting 10k on the model, Ranghaal. I'd love to see you post some tutorials here :pir-classic:. Your MOC designs always amaze me and it's so fascinating to see all the techniques you come up with. I also found your interview to be a great read!

My congratulations on this important milestone! :pir-thumb:  Good luck for the further process! :pir-huzzah2:

15 hours ago, ranghaal said:

I plan to show a tutorial for my "Death of a salesman" Moc soon.

Well, we are looking forward to see your tips & tricks behind that piece of art. It's a great looking ship.

I've just read your tutorial about the Pool - making of and is amazing how you find time and energy to go on and explain all the details, while at the same time you could go on and build something else. Great effort :pir-thumb:

How do you build your creations? Meaning, do you have huge LEGO room with even bigger in-house warehouse of bricks and plates, and then you go on and build right there on the spot, or do you use digital design first on computer? (My money is on the former)

On 6/19/2022 at 11:41 AM, Marooned Marin said:

How do you build your creations? Meaning, do you have huge LEGO room with even bigger in-house warehouse of bricks and plates, and then you go on and build right there on the spot, or do you use digital design first on computer? (My money is on the former)

I am not  friend of digital designing. I miss real light. For intricate textures you just can't tell until you do a render.
I have a few models where you can still see the table I build it on :-)