Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - Redcoats Rules ] Defence of Spudkirk

It was a dark and foggy night in Spudkirk, a group of Royal Marines were celebrating a successful voyage at a local tavern. When suddenly a woman's scream could be heard in the distance ! The men jumped to their feet and listened carefully, they stood there for what felt like an eternity without making a single sound, but then the silence broke. The sound duzins of war cries filled the docks. The men rushed to the streets where they could see bright fires coming from the direction of the bay. If any fear was felt, they didn’t show it, the men simultaneously grabbed their weapons and chased the noise. They were met with a group of unsuspecting Lotii soldiers with shock on their face, they had not expected to meet any resistance this quick. The Marines shouted their own war cries and cut down any lotii invader that stood in their way. Within minutes they had pushed back the invaders to the sea they had come from. They fought hard and without mercy, but when the lotii reinforcements arrived, there was nothing they could do. They fought to the last man, but inevitably the overwhelming lotii forces captured the docks and continued ravaging the town.

Defence of Spudkirk

In the end their sacrifices gave the locals enough time to evacuate the harbour.

-----

Made this build for another scene but thought it could be cool to make a battle. So I decided to build a skirmish from the September 619 raid on Spudkirk.

Edited by Justsomebrix

Good and realistic representation of the defense. The movements of the soldiers are well represented. A lot of blood flowed. Glad you used the house and harbor build for 2 stories. Both stories are told in an interesting way.

Great battle scene! Some really good dynamic battle poses for our heroic marines! (nice Lotii as well). I really love the colour in your scenes and the diversity of the flesh coloured faces on the redcoats. Pretty sure my next redcoat scene will be fleshies! Great work.

Great fig posing! The trans red plates in the water plates works really well, and the seawall / building textures are wonderful. I like it every time I see the dark bley for wet wall and light bley for dry wall :pir-grin:

If the Lotii were recast as pirates this could be submitted to the Licensed Themes Dynamic Actions Contest for PoTC.

:thumbup: from me for GoC.

frontpaged.png

The way you made that seperation between wet and dry using lbg and dbg is a very nice idea, and it really looks great!