Sign in to follow this  
Feuer Zug

[GBW] F06 – PDSRE – Big Boom

Sitting in the pilot's lounge at the Brokal International Airport, word reaches the glorious aircrew of the PDSRE that trouble is coming their way. PSIC recently took grid square F05, and in conjunction with allied BoS forces, are advancing on the airport.

"We've got only a few hours to get out!" Sub-Lieutenant Dmitri Rodin cries.

With a mischievous grin, Major Brickinov tells him to sit down. Once Rodin complies, Brickinov says, “Do not worry, we will stop them.”

“How?” an incredulous Rodin asks. “We ferried the Soalon attack aircraft and weapons to our country. We have nothing!”

Standing behind Rodin, Sergeant Major Gurkin laughs. “Yeah, we know. We were expecting this and have planned accordingly.”

Quickly, the major outlines the plan to Rodin’s horror. “There are three outcomes to this. First, we succeed and are recognized as Glorious Heroes of the Proletariat. Second, we fail. Third, well…” he trails off, “they say flight rules are written in blood. Maybe they’ll name it after you.”

52006547345_40c736dfeb_c.jpg

Flying in the early morning, the cargo aircraft takes off and turns northwest, following the road. The loadmaster, Sergeant Major Gurkin, opens the cargo door.

52006089953_ceac825720_c.jpg

Gurkin pulls the ripcord, deploying the drogue chute to pull the 10,000-liter propane cylinder out the back of the aircraft.

52006089948_a118cfa8cf_c.jpg

The cylinder floats down on a cargo chute, heading towards the forces driving below. A skydiving safety altimeter fires at a low altitude, cracking the cylinder open, letting the heavy gas descend on the enemy.

52006547325_10b5b8c304_c.jpg

52005006922_d4b5c6a96a_c.jpg

“Holy monkey nuts!” Rodin yells as the shockwave hits their aircraft. “How?”

“Field expedient thermobaric weapon,” Brickinov tells him. “We went big enough, we created a non-nuclear mushroom cloud. These make excellent quick landing zones for airmobile attack.”

I promised a mushroom cloud, and have delivered. Non-nuclear even.

Nice idea, but the landscape is a bit too simple in my opinion, maybe few more details would have made it more credible.

4 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great micro. Super creative idea with the launch of the bomb!

Thank you. It's a MOAB inspired idea, just with what's available in the field.

1 hour ago, ParmBrick said:

Nice idea, but the landscape is a bit too simple in my opinion, maybe few more details would have made it more credible.

My intent was for the landscape to be about 10,000 feet below. That's why I had the less detail work on it. Even when I fly a Cessna at 3,500 AGL, a lot of stuff becomes much less detailed. Vehicles move, but they're so tiny, even the semi-trucks. Roller skates seemed to be the best sized option for them.

passed.png

You earned 23 bucks for the build and 8 per session for the square. 

Nice work with 'securing' the airport :laugh: The middle pic is my favorite.

Building microscale is something that eludes me to be honest, it's like I have to reprogram my brain and I just can't seem to do it.