evancelt

[COR-FB] The Scent of Terraversan Pines

The soldier paused for a moment beneath the pine tree to take in the wild scent. When the sun warmed its bark, the tree let off a rich, sweet aroma.

What could be better? Since the end of the Second Terraversan War, life in the Commonwealth of Terraversa was charmed.

terraversa-pine.jpg

terraversa-pine-units.jpg

-------------

OOC: Playing around with some new curvy roundies for a base.

A very nice place. Not only the soldier likes it here, but also the squirrel. Good and interesting construction of the pine.

That's a wonky pine. I like it. Trimming in the base has a nice feel to it. Good stuff all round. Digging those yellow-bellies!

5 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Crazy looking tree! I love the soldiers and the round base works really well

5 hours ago, NOD said:

A very nice place. Not only the soldier likes it here, but also the squirrel. Good and interesting construction of the pine.

Thanks guys! I started the tree knowing the shape I wanted for the trunk but didn't know what foliage to use. When I saw the dark green bushes in my 'Plants and Animals' bin they looked like needles!

14 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

That's a wonky pine. I like it. Trimming in the base has a nice feel to it. Good stuff all round. Digging those yellow-bellies!

Thanks! The black curvy bendies (that's the technical term, right?) in the base are new pieces that came in the mail this past week

I've got a tree like that in my garden. Daft thing, it is. Needs a splint just to stand up straight. Can confirm, this is 100% accurate. 

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I've got a tree like that in my garden. Daft thing, it is. Needs a splint just to stand up straight. Can confirm, this is 100% accurate. 

Haha thanks. Trees are weird and often asymmetrical (growing toward the sun, blown by the wind, broken in half by children, etc)

Orange coats are the new thing! (and those muskets are really great, but we talked about them before)

There are tulips growing in your MOC. Is the squirrel going to eat them? :pir-laugh: