SleeplessNight

[MOC] Lagoon Lockup Revisited (once more)

blogged.png  

Ahoy!

Some time ago I thought it would be cool to have a modular pirate-era town. I also wanted to remake one of the all-time best Lego sets, namely Lagoon Lockup. And so this project came to being.

52004333274_694ff575e2_k.jpg

I found normal Modulars too large and incompatible with a harbor setting, so I went for a 6x6 module, where each building's width is a multiplication of this module. So there are 12-stud wide and 18-stud wide buildings, with an option for 6-, 24- or 30-stud wide as well. The same building can be placed in a row or on a corner and it still works, because side walls have enough detail. Floors and back walls can be removed for better access. I also invested heavily in tiling, because I heard that studs are outdated :cannon:

Like with my last year's Sabre Island, I put instructions on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-108172/SleeplessNight/lagoon-lockup-revisited

52004078106_066e8f4bd7_h.jpg

52004333174_775affaebc_k.jpg

52004078061_4979de79fa_k.jpg

52003057492_29992b84b6_h.jpg

52004333229_8978881345_k.jpg

I will add real photo as soon as I get it right... if I manage before my kids unleash a proper tornado.

Please share your thoughts!

blogged.png  

Awesome creation. A lot of details. I especially liked the brick built canon and crown amblem above the gate. 

Sooooooo wonderful! 

The unbelievable abundance of details, the colors, the "Barracuda" feeling. Great. I like it extremely well.

Very nice buildings and possible combinations. I like the version and layout of the houses at dusk the best. :pir-love:

Edited by NOD

This is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are amazing and the design is just the right amount of nostalgic. Your Sabre Island MOC was one of my favorite ever classically inspired MOCs and now this one also takes a pride of place next to it!

Superb expansion and reimaging of the Lagoon Lockup. From such a small set, you've created a masterpiece.

19 hours ago, SleeplessNight said:

I also wanted to remake one of the all-time best Lego sets, namely Lagoon Lockup. And so this project came to being.

It seems Lagoon Lockup has undergone substantial development over the past 30 years. :pir-stareyes:

Also, the main section was actually a tavern. Back in the day.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, Mister Phes said:

the main section was actually a tavern. Back in the day.

Well, I interpreted it as an officers' mess and placed something slightly similar on the second floor of my build :pir-huzzah1:

And yes, 30 years is a lot of time!

This is amazing.  I absolutely love this.  Lagoon Lockup was one of the iconic sets of my childhood, and I have a lot of memories of it.  This is terrific.

13 hours ago, SleeplessNight said:

Well, I interpreted it as an officers' mess and placed something slightly similar on the second floor of my build 

And what a mighty-fine interpretation it is too! :pir-thumb:

Don't suppose there are any close-up renders of the interiors?

On 4/20/2022 at 9:55 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

The guy in the jail is the only one with an actual bed. :pir_tong2:

There's no justice in this world...

On 4/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, Mister Phes said:

Don't suppose there are any close-up renders of the interiors?

Well, I've just made some! I should take proper pictures of the actual thing. Maybe I can do it this weekend if only someone takes the kids away :kahuka:

52038157843_1580e1356f_h.jpg

52037064807_7dd9f37fca_b.jpg

52038157908_4b724bab23_b.jpg

52038157898_662acc2376_b.jpg

Thank you for the close ups!  Without them, I never would have noticed the curving stairs you made.  A very nice touch!

Fantastic addition to an already fantastic build!

16 hours ago, SleeplessNight said:

Some thugs decided to allocate their shady assets in real estate...

I love everything about this build :pir-love:

On 4/29/2022 at 6:17 PM, SleeplessNight said:

There's no justice in this world...

Well, I've just made some! I should take proper pictures of the actual thing. Maybe I can do it this weekend if only someone takes the kids away :kahuka:

52037064807_7dd9f37fca_b.jpg

WOW! Amazing build!!!

I like, how you implemented the stairs!!

When i discovered this moc at flickr two or three months ago i was speechless. It is stunningly beautiful and my most favorite pirate moc ever :pir-wub:  :pir-wub:

Edited by Yperio_Bricks