Kai NRG

The Return of The... (Chapter 6)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Garmadon, Kai NRG and Captain Braunsfeld proudly present:

640x274.png

The Story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4  - check this out if you want to know where the letter has come from

Chapter 5

Chapter 6:

Jimmy ran from Count Lewisham's new office through the rain to the Alleyway.(1)  There he found just what he was expecting: a darkly clad figure waiting bent over a closed umbrella, his hat pulled down well over where his ears would have been if he hadn't been a minifigure.

52000748526_e11c85cab5_c.jpg

Jimmy: Bananas

Darkly clad figure: Bananas!

Jimmy: Finally I get to meet you

Darkly clad figure: Oh, I'm not Bananas.  I'm just his representative.

Jimmy: Of course, I should have known.  He always sends representatives.  Do you know the rest of the password?

Darkly clad figure: I've forgotten if it was another fruit or a vegetable or a...

Jimmy: It's poetical.

Darkly clad figure: Was it limericks?

Jimmy: No, but that's very close.

Darkly clad figure, sighing: I would look at my book of passwords, but I seem to have left it at home.

Jimmy, handing him the letter: That's okay.

Once Jimmy was well out of sight, the darkly clad figure opened the letter and raised his hat just enough to see the words.

Letter: 

Dear B.L.,
As to this unfortunate monetary affair that has linked our fates together for so long, you can be confident that I have a plan to solve this once and for all.
Alas, I have to ask for your patience. Things are about to move but they will take their time and I must not disclose too early who is really in charge.
I expect to have more positive news within a month or two and kindly ask for you to wait once more for your payment.
L.L., C.

The darkly clad figure let out a soft chuckle and went on his way, wondering what the L after bananas really stood for.

Footnotes:

(1) The Alleyway is notorious in Nova Terrelli.  It's the place where everyone goes who has secret messages to deliver.


Plenty to see behind the scenes on this one, but be warned, it's a mess!

Spoiler

2022%204-12%2C%20Letter%20Delievery%20%281%29.JPG

2022%204-12%2C%20Letter%20Delievery%20%282%29.JPG

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 6--stay tuned for the next installment! 

Edited by Kai NRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderfully done, @Kai NRG! The masonry and upside-down woodwork are top notch. I'd be interested to see what that masonry technique looks like with the colors inverted (light bley for mortar, dark bley for rocks)... may have to try it!

The light brick (LED?) is a nice touch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very nice alleyway and the photography skills you show are even more outstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great technique in building the wall and the wooden structure. The cobblestones were also elaborately built. It was very interesting to see how it was built.

The handing over worked very well with the password. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, Justsomebrix said:

Wow I was convinced the image was a digital render, the bts blew my mind! 

Amazing work

:pir-blush:  Thank you!

On 4/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

That's some inspired part orientation! Well written too. 

Thanks Jeff!  

On 4/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, evancelt said:

Wonderfully done, @Kai NRG! The masonry and upside-down woodwork are top notch. I'd be interested to see what that masonry technique looks like with the colors inverted (light bley for mortar, dark bley for rocks)... may have to try it!

The light brick (LED?) is a nice touch

Thanks!  Inverting the colors should look pretty cool I'd imagine, don't have enough dk grey tiles to try it myself yet though, sadly!

On 4/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The Story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4  - check this out if you want to know where the letter has come from

Chapter 5

Chapter 6 - where could it be?

 


That masonry work is truly outstanding!  :pir-huzzah2:

Otherwise it is all going bananas... :pir-laugh:

Forgot that part!  Added it in now, thanks!

:pir-laugh:

On 4/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, Fraunces said:

very nice alleyway and the photography skills you show are even more outstanding.

Thank you!  I've been working on those a little the last couple years so glad to hear it's paying off :pir-grin:

On 4/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, NOD said:

Great technique in building the wall and the wooden structure. The cobblestones were also elaborately built. It was very interesting to see how it was built.

The handing over worked very well with the password. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks NOD!  I love this cobblestone technique!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:pir_laugh2: Fun story and fantastic build and photography!  The stonework and the lighting are great, and the pic really does look like a render :grin: :laugh:  The Alleyway also sounds like a great place to get irrelevant secret information that was not intended for you :pir-laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2022 at 10:14 PM, Garmadon said:

:pir_laugh2: Fun story and fantastic build and photography!  The stonework and the lighting are great, and the pic really does look like a render :grin: :laugh:  The Alleyway also sounds like a great place to get irrelevant secret information that was not intended for you :pir-laugh:

:pir-laugh:  Thanks!  Yes, totally.  Someone should add it to the ESL thread lore so builders use it every now and then. :poke: (I would myself, but I do not seem to have superpowers anymore :pir-cry_sad: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.