I'm already building one grader, but larger. Also, when thinking about this contest, I was thinking about good use of those tires from VW T2 camper, which (just tires) I had bought some time ago. So I decided to build some smaller grader.

So far I have this

800x571.jpg

800x589.jpg

So almost ready front part. Front axle has swinging suspension, of course, it has steering, then there is blade with some functions - rotation, level adjustment on each side, so it can be also at some angle, and blade can change its position sideways.

And yes, there are parts with excellent color consistency from siān.

It is some 13 wide (blade rotated). Lenght will be around 345, so I have some 17 studs left for height.

Edited by Jurss

Nice, I was hoping you would join with a grader! 

And I think you have 21 studs left for height (21,97)....

Strange, I calculated before, and I got that number with 11 studs width, which is now for wheels.

1 hour ago, GerritvdG said:

21,97)

now recalculates, and really, I have still some reserves :)

8 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

coming together at the same time.

Not shure about this :) but could help for each other with some solutions.

13 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

And I think you have 21 studs left

I realised, where is the "issue". Length will be close to 45 (not 35) as I wrote.

Tried to build something for rear part. Wanted to implement also fake engine, differential.

In fact I did it

640x400.jpg

640x413.jpg

640x909.jpg

640x861.jpg

but what worked on some "sketches" with all those gears, didn't worked on this "final" construction. There is big friction or something in all of this, when I really try to drive it, also wheels wobble. Lifted from ground, it works pretty well. But, es the axles from wheels don't stay straight, they have some play, then gears presses more on next gear, or disengage. 

I wanted to implement this all in 11 studs width. For more proper gearing the width would be needed 13 studs. But then again I would need to increase blade width for grader to look proportional, bey that would mean some kind of grader-lowrider.

It seems, that I will skip idea of fake engine. I could try to implement drive on just one side. I tried in fact, but I didn't liked that idea.

I like the thinking there! I don't know if you have any old 14T gears, but I think those run more smoothly with the 20T single bevel gears.

12 hours ago, Frodman said:

vintage grader

could be an option

12 hours ago, 1gor said:

you could use this older one

Not shure. How could I fit it? I need to have those wheels swinging. Yes, I could try to consider option, where differential is fully supported just on one side, on other somehow relay on axle connection, but not shure.

12 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I don't know if you have any old 14T gears

I don't have them, and not shure, if they would solve "issue", as those tan gears ar somehow rised, that is why they don't engage nicely.

Some progress on rear part (as it is raining today and won't stop). Put some gears just on one side, so fake engine has some drive

800x368.jpg

800x467.jpg

Bottom view of gears and engine

800x1602.jpg

Engine and engine cover (and fifty shades of lime)

800x1457.jpg

In the background black gear for front wheels HOG steering, grey - articulated steering

Added rear plough

640x383.jpg

And here close to finish

800x480.jpg

Dimension now around 14x14x34=6664

Now this looks so great. BTW, are MOCers slowly approaching to the newer diffs :pir-grin: I have one as spare thinking about replacing the old one used in the 42093 Le Mans Racers MOC.

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

Now this looks so great.

Thank You, just need to wait for rain to finish in my photo studio :) then will take some better pictures. And there is still time, maybe I will change something, as I'm not satisfied with all things.

One simple thing from list - maybe will change blade color also to lime. But not yet shure, need to try.

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

are MOCers slowly approaching to the newer diffs

I bought some separately, as I haven't bought set which has it. In some cases it may be better, as there are two options how to connect gear.

7 minutes ago, Jurss said:

maybe will change blade color also to lime. But not yet shure, need to try.

Then it'll probably merge with the bodywork - what about making it white to contrast with lime and match with wheels and roof? (I know this wouldn't be that practical solution at a real one but still... :pir_laugh2:)

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

One simple thing from list - maybe will change blade color also to lime. But not yet shure, need to try.

I bought some separately, as I haven't bought set which has it. In some cases it may be better, as there are two options how to connect gear.

Thanks. I think black, as a colour accent can go really cool with lime green, more than DBG. That said the black blades looks fine to me. You can try definitely :pir-grin:

12 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Then it'll probably merge with the bodywork

That is what I'm afraid of, and didn't tryed already.

12 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

white

Didn't thought about that, in fact. Just checked, that I somehow have already 6 of them . I think, I will try this for sure. Could be best of all options.

Not shure, if the cabin is not too small. In real it looks OK, but not exactly in this picture

800x327.JPG

@Jurss Looks great! Lime and white aren't the most common colours for a construction equipment but go well with each other and make the grader look somehow special - I really like it.

What about the cabin - as I see it, it looks small because it somehow optically seems to be connected with the seat, which is something that doesn't happen when looking at the model from an angle.

@Jurss: Brilliant functionality in such a tight space! :-)

For the cab: I think for a really big grader it is ok, but for this model it seems too small indeed. Have you some cubic studs left? ;-)

1 minute ago, Jundis said:

Have you some cubic studs left? ;-)

I think yes. It was something around 7000 now.

Yeah, if you have the cubic study space left, I would make the cabin a little bigger too.

Love the colors!

I think the cabin from 42121 would be a great fit here, too. Nice functionality. From the color, should this be an Euclid grader?

Waiting for the final pictures. Will you grade some sand maybe?

Changed littlebit cabin, made it one stud higher. It was not easy, as it was required to disassabmle pretty much, to move one 3L pin. For me it looks like really significant improvement, proportions for cabin is much better.

800x298.JPG

Everything else is almost the same. During these changes, change littelbit upper connection between front and rear part.

800x539.JPG

800x351.JPG

Picture with box

800x493.JPG

Final dimensions are 45x13x15 = 8775