cjtonic

[MOC] Island of the Lost

blogged.png 

This post is long due. The Island of the Lost MOC was created as Christmas present for my daughter. And it seems as if it was a success so far. Time to post some pictures here in the heart of the classic pirates community. Here is the story of the MOC:

Let me introduce Captain Bluejack to you. This MOC is all about his story and his current life.

51737496579_35841a5aab_c.jpg

Bluejack was once the captain of the famous Golden Mermaid. In the good old days the Golden Mermaid was one of the most successful pirate ships out there in the Caribbean sea. And Bluejack was the most successful and wealthy pirates captain out there. But he overdid it. He pushed the crew far too hard, always in search of that one famous hidden treasure.
And what do you get for pushing the crew too hard? Mutiny, you are right. One day he was pushed from the Golden Mermaid equipped with just his captains hat and a small raft.

51737496799_4a155e17c6_c.jpg

Destiny and the wind brought him to this small deserted island called the Island of the Lost. And this is where the story of the MOC starts.
Bluejack soon switched into survival mode. He started to catch fish and he built a small hut from the driftwood he found.

51737496164_0480ed1e7c_c.jpg

He even made friends with the red parrot that lives on top of the small rock.

51737088668_1beb113ffd_c.jpg

One day, just when Bluejack started to really enjoy living in this small paradise he realized that the beautiful waterfall wasn't just a waterfall but the entrance to a hidden cave.

51737743180_9288a39d80_c.jpg

51737088253_71e309d21c_c.jpg

What a scary place he discovered. Always seeking for fame and fortune he nevertheless explored the cave and found that the ancient totem is actually a door to just another hidden cave.

51736032522_b38276f0aa_c.jpg

51737743545_a3df0a1595_c.jpg

Apart from the angry snakes in there he finally found what he was searching for in his entire life: The map that will guide him to the famous treasure!

51737089683_8bf8a42ca7_c.jpg

And the treasure was hidden underneath that small Imperial Outpost all the time. "But how can I leave this damn Island of the Lost to conquer this outpost?"

51737087913_008c5eb287_c.jpg

I hope you like my second Pirates MOC. If you are interested, instructions are available through rebrickable.com: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-94875/

blogged.png 

1 hour ago, cjtonic said:

Time to post some pictures here in the heart of the classic pirates community.

Thank you for sharing to humble community! :pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, cjtonic said:

Bluejack was once the captain of the famous Golden Mermaid.

A backstory is always most welcome - but what's intriguing me more is who built those ruins on Island of the Lost?

51737088668_1beb113ffd_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

A backstory is always most welcome - but what's intriguing me more is who built those ruins on Island of the Lost?

Mmmh. Good question. Maybe the answer will be in the Lego Islanders section of this forum one day 😀

It looks very nice and is well built. I like the waterfall and the hut.

42 minutes ago, cjtonic said:

Maybe the answer will be in the Lego Islanders section of this forum one day 😀

Excellent news!  This is also the LEGO Island sections of this forum! :pir-grin:

Great scene. Plenty of details abound, from the beach side to the hidden cave. The ramshackle shack is wonderful with the fish over the fire out front.

What a lovely build and great story! I hope that your daughter absolutely loved it!

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

@cjtonic you have been blogged.png on Classic-Pirates.com  :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you so much @Marooned Marin! What a fun read this was. I am so impressed by what a lovely story you made out of this tiny little MOC. Keep up the great work. Really love classic-pirates.com.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Congratulations!

Thanks so much. What an honor to be on the front-page of my favorite forum...