GerritvdG

[TC22] Loader Tractor (free instructions published)

Looking awesome! Very well done! This model brings back a lot of memories for me.

As a kid I owned quite a few of the technic models released late 80s and early 90s. The 8849 is by far the one that made the most inpact on me. I modded it heavily adding a front loader and made all functions pneumatic including extra valves for attachments. Changed the colour to red/black to resemble a Case IH. Epic times that was. :)

I'm happy I was able to provide a little bit of inspiration. The rear of the tractor has a lot of great features! It's looking good, and looking pretty close to be done. Great job.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:51 AM, zoo said:

Looking awesome! Very well done! This model brings back a lot of memories for me.

Thanks, good to hear that, just created a side-by-side render below!

On 4/24/2022 at 9:04 PM, Thirdwigg said:

I'm happy I was able to provide a little bit of inspiration. The rear of the tractor has a lot of great features! It's looking good, and looking pretty close to be done. Great job.

Thanks, you certainly did. 

After modelling this model in Stud.io and the first renders, it became visible that the wheels are not level. So the whole model was leaning back a little, so I decided to raise the whole front section with one stud. I think this works better.

Also added cabin front-lights and checked the colors of all the axles and pins, changed the steering wheel to one used in the Raptor.

1024x768.png

Below a side to side comparison with the original 8849 (thanks @corboa for the LDD file). More inspired on the original then true to the original, but sharing the same features:

• rack and pinion steering on a pendular axle (with working steering wheel and a exhaust used as HOG)
  • a PTO
  • and lifting rear implements

1024x768.png

1024x768.png

Next is ordering the missing parts and then building a final version. Also I plan to share the instructions for this model.

Thanks for reading along, cheers, Gerrit

Edited by GerritvdG
added a second side-by-side render

What a beauty :pir-love:

The new tractor wheels add so much more flavor to it. One of my favorite entries so far, great job!

Thanks for the nice comments @Jundis @1gor @Maaboo35, I'm glad the design turned out well! It's a really fun project

This weekend the ordered parts arrived and I rebuild the model with the correct colors, rims and wheels.

Just submitted my entry topic and will add a video if time allows: we are in the middle of a renovation so my Lego is now stored at a dust free place and I will not be very active in the meantime.

Best regards, Gerrit

1024x768.JPG1024x768.JPG

Edited by GerritvdG
Typo

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

The linear actuator position for the bucket is a great idea.

Thanks, it was a lot of tinkering…

Looks great Gerrit! Any plans to make PTO attachments?

5 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Looks great Gerrit! Any plans to make PTO attachments?

Thanks! Yes, I really want to make some before publishing instructions. I also tried to fit one in the box, but there were not enough square studs left …

Great job with the final result. I too would love to see an attachment, but it looks great on it's own too.

What is your cubic studs measurement currently without an attachment?

9 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Great job with the final result. I too would love to see an attachment, but it looks great on it's own too.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

What is your cubic studs measurement currently without an attachment?

Currently the dimensions are W x L x H: 17 x 30 x 19 =  9660 cubic studs. I need more length for the attachment and the maximum is 30.5.

1024x768.JPG

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

IMHO even trailer would be fine 

Yes that would also be very cool. Good for practicing my driving skills :wink:

Another idea would be a tipper driven by the PTO with a small gearbox: up-neutral-down. Will be a nice challenge...

1 hour ago, GerritvdG said:

Another idea would be a tipper driven by the PTO with a small gearbox: up-neutral-down. Will be a nice challenge.

But then you could online tipp when you drive? :D

41 minutes ago, Jundis said:

But then you could online tipp when you drive? :D

:laugh: 

that's right and it still seems fun to build.

Thanks again for providing instructions. If I'm honest, the whole reason I do instructions is so I can archive everything I made as well. Again, great build.