Sign in to follow this  
Seasider

[MOC] Space Corridor ‘79-87

So during this covid lockdown I suddenly decided I was going to collect Classic Space (as you do when bored). I’ve managed to get a near complete collection and so now I’ve started to MOC on the theme and this is my first creation. I wanted to make a “space corridor” like others had done to display the minifigures but wanted it to be a homage to the design language of 79-87. I took inspiration from the bases 926, 6970, 6971, 6930 & 6972. The colour scheme transitioning from one to the next through the building.

I’ve then added what I think are all the tools (no jet packs or robots) from the era and hopefully in the right order too.

I’ve been posting this on my Instagram for the last few days but here is my final model.

51991868396_9bab28c757_b.jpg

And with the roof removed

51990871152_af211a2f89_b.jpg

I’ve got plans for a few other Classic Space MOCs but they’ll have to wait as there’s a new competition over in the Technic forum which is where you’ll normally find me.

:thumbup: Very nice! 

I’m not a big fan of the newer style of helmets for the green, light bley and purple spacemen or the black tanks for the purple astronaut but realise that the ‘right’ parts aren’t available in those colours.

I hope that LEGO does an Everyone is Awesome set someday but with classic spacemen with yellow smiley heads and little CS builds. That would be fantastic.

On 5/16/2022 at 8:41 PM, AmperZand said:

I’m not a big fan of the newer style of helmets for the green, light bley and purple spacemen or the black tanks for the purple astronaut but realise that the ‘right’ parts aren’t available in those colours.

Technically, there is a proper light gray helmet, but its a bit expensive

On 6/21/2022 at 3:30 AM, Time77 said:

Technically, there is a proper light gray helmet, but its a bit expensive

The purple helmet wasn’t cheap either 

17 hours ago, Seasider said:

The purple helmet wasn’t cheap either 

Damn, 11 bucks for a helmet that isn't accurate.. oi! More power to you and your giant wallet.

Impressive collection

Edited by Time77