MKJoshA

Mysteries Kick-Off Contest

1280x1280.JPG

Welcome to Star Wars Mysteries! To kick off our Lego role-playing game Eurobricks is hosting a contest.

800x503.jpg

From now through May 1st any MOC you post for Mysteries will get entered into the contest. The MOC with the highest score will win a Lego set up to 100EUR in value! For example, Boba Fett's Throne Room

75326-1.png

Rules

• Each person may enter as many times as he/she wants.
  • There is no maximum or minimum size limit.
  • The contest will run from 8th April to 1st May 2022. As long as it's still May 1st somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from winning the prize.
  • This contest is open to all EB members, even if they joined EB after the contest has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars Mysteries staff, who are not eligible to win.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts for the main build. Exceptions may be made for minifigures and accessories but must not be excessive in use. Digital entries will be allowed. All digital entries must use only existing pieces in existing colors.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Mysteries forum.
  • Please follow Mysteries guidelines for posting MOCs including filling out a Submission Form. For this contest a link should be included in this thread to help ensure your entry is counted.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited. It is also prohibited to use the Lego logo in any picture.
  • All entries are considered final when posted.
  • The winners will be decided by Mysteries Staff voting.

28 minutes ago, Grom Knight said:

I'm under prepared for everything but this! I will use my Imperial Royal Guard with some mandalorian sets and create my own wasteland!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Any thoughts about which team you want to join?

ok, I'm not nearly experienced enough nor creative enough to take part in an RPG - (the reason I once GM'd for a WEG Star Wars RPG group is that I'm a walking Star Wars Legends lexicon) - if I understood it correctly, it's only possible to take part in the contest if you also take part in this new Mysteries RPG?

35 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

ok, I'm not nearly experienced enough nor creative enough to take part in an RPG - (the reason I once GM'd for a WEG Star Wars RPG group is that I'm a walking Star Wars Legends lexicon) - if I understood it correctly, it's only possible to take part in the contest if you also take part in this new Mysteries RPG?

You're correct that you would need to sign up for the RPG, join a team, and then enter the contest. But it's not hard to be part of the RPG. You don't have to build on a schedule, just whenever you have time. You could even build just once a year if you wanted!

I got this treasure chest from my armysurplus store for civilians, it's bigger than a usual steamer trunk. But cleaning it out of some childish testing must of been what did it - I made garbage of items, I kept the action figures like the Imperial Royal Guard, Mandalorians, Viper minifigure but I eradicated the building legos. 

I may yet still buy a set, though. Submission form, huh... hmm, hmm, hm.

9 hours ago, Grom Knight said:

I got this treasure chest from my armysurplus store for civilians, it's bigger than a usual steamer trunk. But cleaning it out of some childish testing must of been what did it - I made garbage of items, I kept the action figures like the Imperial Royal Guard, Mandalorians, Viper minifigure but I eradicated the building legos. 

I may yet still buy a set, though. Submission form, huh... hmm, hmm, hm.

Don't worry. It's not complicated! Just a 2 step process.

1) Post your MOC here on EB.
2) Fill out the Form.

The form lets us streamline judging and count up team points.

Just a reminder that we're almost at the deadline! Get your entries posted soon!

I sincerely hope I didn't screw up during any step of the submission process

Just now, Ephseb said:

I sincerely hope I didn't screw up during any step of the submission process

If you did, we can always fix it on the back end. Don't sweat the form. It's a small learning curve we know, so there's lots of grace if you mess something up :yoda:

This contest is officially closed! We'll be working on judging this week. In the mean time, go check out the new May the 4th contest. You are welcome to cross post entries for that contest here for Mysteries.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, MKJoshA said:

This contest is officially closed! We'll be working on judging this week. In the mean time, go check out the new May the 4th contest. You are welcome to cross post entries for that contest here for Mysteries.

Hi there.

Do we have any idea when the voting is done? 😊

5 hours ago, Horsleben said:

Hi there.

Do we have any idea when the voting is done? 😊

Voting is done. I'm tallying today and results will be posted soon!

We had 6 amazing entries for our first contest for Mysteries!

1st Place: MstrOfPppts - 20 points (Storytelling=5, Aesthetics=7.5, Technical Ability=7.5)
400x240.jpg

2nd Place: Horsleben - 18 points (Storytelling=3, Aesthetics=7, Technical Ability=8)
400x221.png

3rd Place: Professor Thaum - 16 points (Storytelling=3, Aesthetics=6, Technical Ability=7)
400x300.jpg

4th Place: Mayitbe - 15 points (Storytelling=4, Aesthetics=5, Technical Ability=6)
400x400.jpg

5th Place: Ephseb - 13 points (Storytelling=4, Aesthetics=4, Technical Ability=5)
400x267.jpg

6th Place: karmajay - 9 points (Storytelling=3, Aesthetics=3, Technical Ability=3)
400x375.jpg

Congratulations @MstrOfPppts! And great work to everyone. Don't forget you can enter the May the 4th contest and post those entries here for Mysteries as well.

All scores for these entries as well as all current freebuilds have been posted. If you're curious about how you scored you can go check out the first line of your post to see your scores.

Nice kick-off contest and I'm flattered to have make it to the top. Thanks!

Very glad to see, that there's still interest in Star Wars building around here.

congrats @MstrOfPppts!

Big oof for me: with so few people taking part in the contest, I actually thought I had somewhat of a chance. Here's to hoping that my K-Wing will impress at the May the 4th contest🤞