Jim

[TC22] Technic Small Construction Vehicle Contest - Discussion Topic

11 hours ago, howitzer said:

Yeah, that's why I wanted to ask. I guess I could put it on tracks (I think that kind of printer also exists) so being self-propelled, it should count as a vehicle.

Yeah, that's fine!

21 hours ago, NoEXIST said:

Great, thanks! I won't be looking for people to vote, I want to post instructions:wink:

:thumbup:

Hi Jim,

I have a question on the size. You said that moving part is not counted. How about an Excavator? Can the bucket be excluded as it's a moving part? With the bucket, my MOC size is about 21 x 17 x 33 = 11761. But without the bucket, it is 21 x 17 x 25 = 8925.

Edited by A_C

Hi,

I haven’t said that moving parts were excluded. I said that moving parts can be retracted or folded to fit the bounding box. As long as they are not detached. So a bucket needs to be inckuded in the calculation. But you can use the most optimal position when calculating the size.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi,

I haven’t said that moving parts were excluded. I said that moving parts can be retracted or folded to fit the bounding box. As long as they are not detached. So a bucket needs to be included in the calculation. But you can use the most optimal position when calculating the size.

Thanks for the clarification. Then my MOC is not qualified.

51710621995_6430af9c62_c.jpg

Have a nice day.

Edited by A_C

15 hours ago, A_C said:

Thanks for the clarification. Then my MOC is not qualified.

If you lift the boom and rotate the bucket downwards, you might be able to fit the bounding box.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

If you lift the boom and rotate the bucket downwards, you might be able to fit the bounding box.

Tried, but still too long.

As the bucket is detachable (for changing to forklift), can I exclude the bucket in the calculation?

2 hours ago, A_C said:

Tried, but still too long.

As the bucket is detachable (for changing to forklift), can I exclude the bucket in the calculation?

You need to attach what is in the final model. Have you created this MOC for the contest?

6 hours ago, Jim said:

You need to attach what is in the final model. Have you created this MOC for the contest?

It's almost done, just need a bit more tune up. But it's too large for the contest.

@Jim, can I enter two small construction vehicles if they both fit within the limitations?

Also, in your first post in the contest entry topic you spelled "construction" with an extra "t" like this: contstruction;)

It has come to our attention that some of you used some sort of diorama in the presentation of the build. These diorama's range from very elaborate to very simple (just a roadplate). @Milan will address the contestants personally to alter the presentation, but let me emphasize that it is not allowed to add stuff to your presentation photo which isn't part of the contest. Let's stick to the actual model to keep if fair for everyone. No added vehicles, no added road plates, nothing that isn't part of the contest. Of course you can add some details like Milan (Grohl) does in his official models (chainsaw for example), as long as they fit the theme/subject of the contest. I can also live with a Technic figure, but let's not go any further. We we all some additional information about this the next contest.

We will also try to be more clear about what is considered Model Team. I know it's a confusing subject, so we will try our best to make a clear distinction.

34 minutes ago, doug72 said:

Is a mini figure OK ?

Since this is a Technic contest I wouldn't add it. Keep it as Technic as possible.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

It has come to our attention that some of you used some sort of diorama in the presentation of the build.

I have a picture like  that, will remove it

Just now, m00se said:

I have a picture like  that, will remove it

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Since this is a Technic contest I wouldn't add it. Keep it as Technic as possible.

Mini figure now removed but not enough time to update images.

Edited by doug72

20 minutes ago, doug72 said:

Mini figure now removed but not enough time to update images.

Send me links via PM, I will update them for you, if you do not manage to do it by the time the topic gets locked.

13 minutes ago, Milan said:

Send me links via PM, I will update them for you.

Thanks have two images is without mini figure.

The two that have mini figure in veiew are:-

52076999496_b353bd888c_z.jpgIMG_8696 by Doug Ridgway, on Flickr

52075957417_ebd40ccc7d_z.jpgIMG_8697 by Doug Ridgway, on Flickr

Are you able to doctor the images, if not I I can retake the images & send new links

I have put a notice  that figure noe removed on the images.

Regards Doug72

Edited by doug72

3 hours ago, doug72 said:

Are you able to doctor the images, if not I I can retake the images & send new links

If you could retake those, it would be great. Send me their links, and I will replace the ones in your post.

5 hours ago, Milan said:

If you could retake those, it would be great. Send me their links, and I will replace the ones in your post.

Thanks, for your help.
Image links now uploaded to Flickr and sent via PM

Doug72.

Edited by doug72

Hi,

@Jim I'm asking If I can put my entry to the contest because unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make it on time. Thanks in advance :)

I mean this one:

Edited by Ctan

I will leave that one to @Milan. He is preparing everything for the voting.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I will leave that one to @Milan. He is preparing everything for the voting.

I would kindly ask to allow @Ctan to put his entry into the contest. Previously we had extensions for additional weeks when people didn't get their parts delivered, this time he was just hours late, but he did start the project thread over a month ago, so it's not like someone who came last minute and asked for extension to finish the build. And I believe we have people that started the threads just last week and even just yesterday as well which I thought is kind of against the spirit of the competition where the progress thread posted throughout the competition is required, so I really hope @Ctan can be treated with some lenience here as well.

Side note @Milan  - will there be a post on the main page encouraging people to vote in the contest? Like a mozaik of all first photos of each entry? - to not put focus on any of those but also pick on people's curiosity?