Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR - Sloops for the Navy] HMS Peregrine

After months of work, the Royal Navy’s newest ship set sail from Quinnsville ! The Cutter was commissioned by the Admiralty Board in order to increase patrols around Corrington shores. Frederick Chapman had worked for several private investors in the past, even some of high standing, but never had he been contacted by agents of the Crown. The day he received the commission was the happiest day of his life, the honor to have been entrusted with the task of creating a ship for the Royal Navy, was beyond measurable. He swore he would not disappoint them, in fact, he convinced himself that he would create the fastest ship the Royal Navy had ever seen ! He spent weeks in his office making dusins of drafts and sketches. He combined ship designs he had learned from both Oleon and Elsandolan designers, even a few interesting elements he had observed on a Sea Rat ship. He wished he knew more about their ships, but Sea Rats are after all not the most common visitors of Corrington… For good reasons.

Once his design was done, he was ordered to Queensville where he would oversee her construction. People from around all of Quinsville gathered at the docks to celebrate her launch. The ship was so light and sleek that when the crew opened her sails, she was immediately picked up by the wind and flew right through the waves. The crowd simultaneously reacted in aw, while Frederick, overcome by joy, jumped around and celebrated right there on the docks. The representative who had taken the ship on her maiden voyage, later admitted that she was so fast he feared they would take off and join the birds in the sky. He decided then and there to christen her HMS Peregrine, the fastest ship on the Brick Seas.

HMS Pelegrine

ship moc

HMS pelegrine

Spoiler

ship moc

ship moc

ship moc

ship moc

shp moc

ship moc

ship moc

-------

A new class 4 Cutter for the Navy. She is armed with 12 4-pounders and 6 swivel guns. My recommendations for her stats are :

R M G C $ H

3  6  4  2  0  3

The ship being the fastest in brick seas is obviously just for story purposes and can't affect any game outcome, so don't take it too seriously :pir-sweet:

Edited by Justsomebrix

She certainly does look very sleek! I really like the way you have managed to get a curved look with the brick built sails. Also I'm not sure how you managed to render such a huge amount of trans-blue tiles for the ocean without Stud.io crashing! Well done!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

She certainly does look very sleek! I really like the way you have managed to get a curved look with the brick built sails. Also I'm not sure how you managed to render such a huge amount of trans-blue tiles for the ocean without Stud.io crashing! Well done!

Thank you sir! Haha who said my stud.io didn't crash ? In fact it took 7 or 8 failed renderings over the course of 2 days :pir-murder: 

Somehow my Corvette only took 2 tries. Both files had 77 thousand pieces

23 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Oh wow. The jibs and gaffel sails are top notch.

Beautifully done!

Thank you kindly 

3 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

Yes, the foresails are looking really great.
As well as the ship itself. Great work!

Thank you Wellesley:pir-huzzah2:

This is a nice and well built ship. With the sails down, the ship looks even more impressive. It seems really fast. Very good work on the hull, rigging, sails and the details on the ship's deck.

I love this sail technique with all those slopes and tiles.  I wonder how practical it'd be with physical bricks, probably pretty heavy.  She looks lovely with the sails furled too.

10 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a nice and well built ship. With the sails down, the ship looks even more impressive. It seems really fast. Very good work on the hull, rigging, sails and the details on the ship's deck.

Thank you very much NOD:pir-huzzah2:

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, what a clever ship. Lot of well thought  curves. Well done !

Thank you!

8 hours ago, evancelt said:

Six swivel guns! Looks amazing

Can't have anyone come close enough to board her!

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I love this sail technique with all those slopes and tiles.  I wonder how practical it'd be with physical bricks, probably pretty heavy.  She looks lovely with the sails furled too.

They wouldn't work in their current form, but if I reinforce the connection between the mast and sails I think they might work with real bricks

Edited by Justsomebrix

Lovely ship! Sorry I missed this earlier. Others have said most of what I would. The brickbuilt sails are really great! :thumbup: