Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR- Free Build] Naval Architect Frederick Chapman

Frederick Chapman was born to a family of farmers on the outskirts of Belson. For as long as he can remember, his dream was to become an explorer. He would play as a pirate pretending to discover hidden treasures in the wheat fields. Sometimes he was a Corrie researcher discovering exotic new species (mostly ants and bugs alike), he would trap them in jars and later get Knighted for his discoveries. Every so often he was a skilled Oleon musketeer single handedly defending the city from savage invaders. But his favorite fantasy to play was the fearless Eslandolan Conquistador, rowing deep into a foggy uncharted mangrove, haunted by the spirits of an ancient population.

But alas, Frederick was born with Asthma, allergies and a horrible eyesight, leaving him blind without his glasses. Suffice to say, the life of exploration was not meant for men like Frederick. Due to his disadvantages, Frederick was rejected from the naval academy and the army. He was heartbroken, but didn’t give up, eventually he managed to get recruited as a cabin boy on an East Terraman, but after a horrible asthma attack at sea, he was dropped off at the nearest friendly port. Having no other choice, he accepted his fate and prepared himself for an uneventful life in Belson. He applied for a job at the Dee Shipyards as it was the closest he could get to leaving the country, without leaving the country. He very quickly fell in love with the building process, but most of all it was the beautiful designs of the ships that caught his interest. He managed to become an apprentice to one of the architects working for the Dee family. It became his passion, he studied every ship plan he could get ahold of and bought naval architecture books from other cultures. Before long he became a professional naval architect himself.

But as the years passed he noticed his allergies and asthma had become less recurrent, until eventually he hardly got affected by them. With permission from his doctor, he packed his belongings and bought passage to Jameston, where he would seek adventure and discovery, all the while continue his craft. 

BoBS : Frederick Chapman's office

-----

I originally just wanted to licence an artisan property, but I got a bit carried away with the story. 

To be licenced as a small artisan in Jameston

Edited by Justsomebrix

Beautifull interior scene!. It looks very realistic, so great job with that!

I'll echo Maxim, it's a nicely executed interior scene. The use of the ingots in the walls gives an interesting texture (note to self for future use!). Great backstory and I hope we see more of Frederick in future stories!

Very good and interesting story. I like the different furniture.

The variety of knick-knacks and stuff in this room is really neat!  The ingots in the wall look great too.