Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

Deep Freeze Scavenger

51987680484_ea36eb15fb_c.jpgDeep Freeze Scavenger

An Ice Planet ship based (Obviously) on the classic ship Deep Freeze Defender. It features detachable cockpits like the original set, but the main body does not separate. 

51987718969_02c316a8d7_z.jpgDeep Freeze Scavenger 

51987718999_d49e5e4e12_z.jpgDeep Freeze Scavenger 

It does feature a probe, like the original set.

51986424237_97fd2c4533_z.jpgDeep Freeze Scavenger 

51986424137_c24eba2c68_z.jpgDeep Freeze Scavenger

Let me know what you think!

EKnight

Edited by Elephant Knight

Oh my, this is BEAUTIFUL! As someone who loves the Ice Planet sets, I can say without a doubt this is one of my favorite remakes. The curvature is excellent here, your defender remake looks so smooth and has a sleek redesign. And you were able to keep the original play features as well, nice job. Love the new part usage and stand too. Wow, what a beauty!

Great redesign of this set, looks much more sleek than the original. I especially like the neon orange wedges used in the back.

It looks very good, but the fact that the body doesn't split in two loses a key play feature of the original.  Did you try to include that feature and it just wasn't working?

39 minutes ago, icm said:

It looks very good, but the fact that the body doesn't split in two loses a key play feature of the original.  Did you try to include that feature and it just wasn't working?

No. When I was building it, I got most of the way building it before I remembered the main body did split. I don't own the set, and I have never handled it, so it wasn't foremost in my mind. I was too far in, I didn't really want to try and work it in. I also didn't think to make a cockpit attach in the middle either, for the same reason.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Oh my, this is BEAUTIFUL! As someone who loves the Ice Planet sets, I can say without a doubt this is one of my favorite remakes. The curvature is excellent here, your defender remake looks so smooth and has a sleek redesign. And you were able to keep the original play features as well, nice job. Love the new part usage and stand too. Wow, what a beauty!

1 hour ago, CP5670 said:

Great redesign of this set, looks much more sleek than the original. I especially like the neon orange wedges used in the back.

Thank you very much!

EKnight

Excellent rendition of the Deep Freeze Scavenger. Combining NEXO Knights parts with the rounded curves creates an interesting and wonderful look.

Great build, love the modularity when it comes to Space sets.

Nexo Knights certainly was a great source of trans-neon-orange in modern times.

As for recreating other old spaceships with modern parts, can already see how people might use 2022 City space parts for some Futuron remakes, I know it's not trans-dark-blue but it seems nowadays the trans-lightblue is a bit darker with the new material (from building the 3 space sets recently myself)

Edited by TeriXeri

Love those trans-neon orange parts!  I peeked on Flickr and saw you have a cool interior too with a little resting area, perfect for those long-distance voyages.

What type of a roleplay is it for? Does it protect a station while ships traverse and port between destinations, or is it exploratory with extra band sensors...? I can't just say it looks nice.

14 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

What type of a roleplay is it for? Does it protect a station while ships traverse and port between destinations, or is it exploratory with extra band sensors...? I can't just say it looks nice.

I see it as a small science vessel, for exploring and taking samples on the ice planet Krysto.

Eknight

Nexo knight's part can be used for Ice planet 2002 series! Very interesting!

I love deep freeze scavenger

10 hours ago, Operacion Saturno said:

It's a shame people are saying they will retire transparetn neon orange, If that is true we would not be able to create newer Ice Planet Mocs.

Nothing 100% confirmed, but all sets suddently have stopped using it

(the last piece was 6334135.jpg in early 2021).

17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Nothing 100% confirmed, but all sets suddently have stopped using it

(the last piece was 6334135.jpg in early 2021).

Something similar happened with Trans green when trans bright green appear around 2010 and Lego stopped using that color, but then in 2016 they started reusing it and in 2019 they even made a new piece in trans green color, the 92474 Windscreen 6 x 2 x 2 with Bar Handle for the Overwatch set.
So Meh!