Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Clone speed build

But only one clone as a prize? :tongue:

Yeah... :sceptic: A total of six given away per store. What will they do with all the abused clones afterwards? They'll be of no use to the Republic; just think of all the mental trauma! :cry_sad:

At the last Clone Building Event, didn't they give away tons of troopers?

I don't know. From what I have heard those boxes were issued to the stores and were later sold and/or given away. Anyone who was there at the last one?

Well, since I'll be camping in front of my local store to get the new sets that day :tongue: , I might as well participate and take home an extra clone! :wink:

At the last Clone Building Event, didn't they give away tons of troopers? http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=303747

Holy Brick! :oh: That would be awesome if they would give away something like that! :cry_sad: But no - it's just one clone! :hmpf_bad: I hope it's at least one of the new Phase 1s as they will be pretty rare this year! :sweet:

Hmm... I'm assuming they'll put the clones in the PAB for a lot of money. :sceptic:

:cry_sad:

Isn't PAB only factory-new parts?

I'm not sure. I don't do the PAB that often. :blush:

What else are they gonna do with them, though? :tongue:

I don't know :sceptic:

Maybe give them away to someone special they know or sell them on Ebay or ...

They could just send them over to me :tongue:

Benny

Hey all i remeber reading somewhere that there was gonna be a contest at all lego stores dealing with the new clones from the clone wars, but can no longer find it. Any info would be great like time and just basically about the whole thing. Thanks.

Edited by CloneMe

Yes thats it. Thank you very much. Do you know if it is for sure there only giving away one clone at a time?

Do you know if it is for sure there only giving away one clone at a time?

All I know is contained in this newly merged topic. :grin::grin:

So was anyone here actually in the last contest. I just want to know what parts of the figures we put together. Like head torso helmet legs or is it something like head leg leg arm arm hand hand...?

So was anyone here actually in the last contest. I just want to know what parts of the figures we put together. Like head torso helmet legs or is it something like head leg leg arm arm hand hand...?

Naaah! I'm sure it will be head-torso-helmet-legs, just like putting figs together from a newly purchased set. That would be way too hard for little kids to get the arms into the torso and such anyway. :wink:

So, start practicing! :grin:

Ok thanks. Didnt think it would be the harder one. Im definetly gonna participate and the cool thing is, is that there arn't to many people that will probably participate at the washington square mall lego store in oregon. Wew I cant wait.

This is awful. Sure, you might get to win 1 clone. But there are only 6 per store, so odds are you can only win one.

The old clone things were great, you got to build them and keep all the ones you built.

There has to be some other catch to this.

yah. But isn't this just like a preliminary if you think about it. I mean I dont think its a for sure thing that we would only get one clone, right?

yah. But isn't this just like a preliminary if you think about it. I mean I dont think its a for sure thing that we would only get one clone, right?

Did you look at the scanned flyer?

legostorescan.jpg

...the fastest builder will win a clone trooper...

Seems pretty clear to me.

OK, so I went to the Lego Retail Store in Downtown Disney today and participated in the contest. :classic: What you had to do was to put together 10 of the new Phase 1 clones as fast as you could. There were always four contestants, most of them 10 year-old boys. Everyone had a tray where he could arrange the helmets, heads, torsos, and legs before each start of the contest. Being the only AFOL competing, I won of course. :grin: What surprised me, though, was that all the clones had Commander Cody's helmet! :wacko: So, after exchanging the arms with orange ones and adding some clone gear, I now got a Cody fig for FREE! :sweet:

I still wish this were a normal clone since I'll be getting the RGS at some point and would rather have another generic clone to add to my small army of Phase-1s than having two Codys. :sceptic: Oh well, maybe I'll mod the helmet so that it becomes that of a pilot, or maybe I'll sell the fig and get a whole new set from what I get for it. :wink:

Did anyone else participate? what was your experience?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

OK, so I went to the Lego Retail Store in Downtown Disney today and participated in the contest. :classic: What you had to do was to put together 10 of the new Phase 1 clones as fast as you could. There were always four contestants, most of them 10 year-old boys. Everyone had a tray where he could arrange the helmets, heads, torsos, and legs before each start of the contest. Being the only AFOL competing, I won of course. :grin: What surprised me, though, was that all the clones had Commander Cody's helmet! :wacko: So, after exchanging the arms with orange ones and adding some clone gear, I now got a Cody fig for FREE! :sweet:

I still wish this were a normal clone since I'll be getting the RGS at some point and would rather have another generic clone to add to my small army of Phase-1s than having two Codys. :sceptic: Oh well, maybe I'll mod the helmet so that it becomes that of a pilot, or maybe I'll sell the fig and get a whole new set from what I get for it. :wink:

Did anyone else participate? what was your experience?

we at blue water had to do as many in a minuet as e could i only did 10 some one else got 12

they would give you the clip board to write down your name and then look away to carry on

i could have written my name down and put 14 clones in the amount built part but that didn't occur to me until after

also just brasso off the orange from the helmet