Clone OPatra

Eurobricks' Licensed Dynamic Action Contest - Rules & Discussion

After a ten year hiatus (can that be right?!), we are BACK with a new contest in the Eurobricks Licensed Forum!

298002931_DynamicContestHeadernologo.png.43386c2e37e7dbaa223c0e582eb25938.png

Licensed Dynamic Action Contest
April 14 - May 15 2022

Build a 12x12 vignette scene with some great action! We're talking high kicks, smoke plumes, crackling magic spells - you name it as long as your scene conveys a great sense of action.

Thanks to LEGO, one first place winner will get a 120EUR set of their choice, and one runner up will get a 60EUR set of their choice.

Contest Entry Rules

• One entry per Eurobricks member
  • You can join Eurobricks to enter the contest (but we'd like you to stick around!)
  • The contest will run from April 14th 2022 to May 15th 2022. As long as it isn't past 11:59pm on May 15th on Midway Island, you can still enter.
  • To enter, post just one picture of your MOC in the Dynamic Action Contest entry topic.
  • Your MOC must fit within a 12x12 frame but does not have to be on an actual base. No height limit.
  • Your MOC must relate to any Licensed property LEGO has done past or present, excluding Star Wars (which has its own cool contest to enter soon) and convey a sense of action and movement. You don't have to use LEGO's parts/Minifigures from your chosen License, but the property should be clear. (I.e. you can make your own Indiana Jones Minifigure from other LEGO parts, but it should be identifiable as Indy)
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the contest. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts. Physical builds only for this contest.
  • Your photo can be an Instagram post that you post to the entry topic. (You must tag us @eurobricks_official)

Choosing Winners

• After entries close, a voting topic of all eligible entries will be opened for five days.
  • Every Eurobricks member will get one vote to award to their favourite entry
  • You must have joined Eurobricks by May 1st to be eligible to vote

Winners & Prizes

• The entry with the most points will be the First Place winner. They can choose one set with an equivalent value up to 120 Euro as their prize
  • The entry with the second most points will be the Runner Up. They can choose one set with an equivalent value up to 60 Euro as their prize

Fine Print

• By entering, you consent to Eurobricks reposting your entry on Eurobricks' social media channels, crediting you.
  • Prize values are determined in accordance with German Shop at Home and prizes are subject to availability on the Shop at Home in the winners' local countries. Some back and forth with Eurobricks staff might be required to select an available prize.
  • Prizes could take 8-10 weeks to arrive but we will keep you updated as much as we are able.

This is the topic for discussion of the contest (click here for the entry topic). Let us know in the comments if you have any questions! Looking forward to seeing some awesome dynamic builds!

Can someone please post a list of all the lego licensed themes? There's so many and I want to make sure I consider all my options. I'm strongly considering Galador as a joke

Brickset has a helpful breakdown here! I'm surprised that they listed Galidor and Mixels though. I don't think that either are any more "licensed" than Ninjago. Galidor was owned and funded by TLG....

I guess it is up to the mods/judges if they would accept entries based on Galidor, Mixels, and the Lego movies. I'd expect no....

Stuff that LEGO licensed out to have multi-media Tie-Ins produced (like Galidor and Mixels) would be out.

But there are still some obscure licenses if that's your thing! Our rules stipulate that you don't have to use the parts LEGO produced for the licensed, so you could make a Dora the Explorer or Bob the Builder minifigure-scale MOC I guess......

Or if you wanted to make something all about the Paul Frank mascot or Nesquik bunny.....

"Must fit within 12x12" meaning no overhang? As in, obviously base is 12x12, but I'm talking about if it is more vertical (like plants or figure).

Edited by TheLegoDr
added clarification

4 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

"Must fit within 12x12" meaning no overhang? As in, obviously base is 12x12, but I'm talking about if it is more vertical (like plants or figure).

No overhang, but it can be as tall as you like.

Can we enter more than once (and yes I do realise you may be cannibalising your own potential votes if you do that)?

Edited by jp-30

11 hours ago, jp-30 said:

Can we enter more than once (and yes I do realise you may be cannibalising your own potential votes if you do that)?

No. That's the first rule under rules.

2 hours ago, teljesnegyzet said:

Are custom stickers allowed?

Custom stickers for what? Background scenery? I'd lean towards saying no (under the no custom parts rule) as I think they are irrelevant to the type of build for this contest. The action is the focus and that's about brick building.

Hello, I'm looking for the other contest - the one where I can enter as much as I want, and it needs to be an unguided creation with licensed LEGO stuff... I don't see it anymore, someone please direct me to it.

If my entry looks like it has overhang but still fits within a 12x12 frame, should I provide pictures of other angles to prove that it still fits the requirements?

24 minutes ago, Lancethecat said:

If my entry looks like it has overhang but still fits within a 12x12 frame, should I provide pictures of other angles to prove that it still fits the requirements?

Looks all good :thumbup:

When will the topic for voting on entries be opened?

Additionally, I know this is a given for most contests but I just wanted to make sure, I'm assuming entrants aren't eligible to place votes?

On 5/18/2022 at 6:17 AM, Lancethecat said:

When will the topic for voting on entries be opened?

Additionally, I know this is a given for most contests but I just wanted to make sure, I'm assuming entrants aren't eligible to place votes?

Voting will be open this coming weekend at the latest.

Yes especially as this will be a simple one-vote model, we'll exclude entrants from voting.