im making a tank base with a 2/3 axis arm and some outriggers (im done with my tank base and what i need help with is my outriggers and the arm)

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzJiJs
here is the link for my current progress on the base its about 1-2 KG 
i need a little help with making some outriggers for my robot so that when in a turret mode, it can turn and shoot easily.  i also reallly need help with making an arm using 2 or 3 motors (one motor is needed for a lego gun mechanism) for outriggers i have a few designs but if you have a pre existing one feel free to just send it to me.

Since this is more a Technic building related question, I will move this to the Technic forum. 

I adjusted my big turntable, to make it even stronger, my computer is cooking at the moment so it'll just be this screenshot, but it already gives an idea.

51983227192_943ffa0dc3_b.jpg

I added a 60T turntable inside the banana gears that take care of the smooth turning. It's a simple adjustment to the turntable design I use in my 6DoF/Pin Sorter.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Since this is more a Technic building related question, I will move this to the Technic forum. 

(i mean im using mindstorms to control it? im not sure about technic but sure) anyways if someone can spend the time to help me thanks

12 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

I adjusted my big turntable, to make it even stronger, my computer is cooking at the moment so it'll just be this screenshot, but it already gives an idea.

I added a 60T turntable inside the banana gears that take care of the smooth turning. It's a simple adjustment to the turntable design I use in my 6DoF/Pin Sorter.

is there like a torque limit on medium motors also? because im not sure that pushing a few kilograms of weight around might break it

10 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

is there like a torque limit on medium motors also? because im not sure that pushing a few kilograms of weight around might break it

All EV3 motors have a protection build inside, and you can also detect stall in your program. You can always push around any weight, you just need to find the correct gearing (slow it down enough so it still moves smooth). I always try to find the fastest gearing that still works fine.

The big turntable I designed uses round pieces inbetween the banana gears, that makes it rolling very easily, even with a high/out of center load. Accurate on low speeds (6DoF) and able to rotate at high speed (Sorter). Just take a look at some example video's on my YT page. 

Will you program your robot with MicroPython? And did you already think/test on how to connect the 2-3 EV3 bricks to work together?

And about the topic movement, it's better here in the Technic part, as it's 100x more viewed than the Mindstorms sub. So you will get more answers here as it's a mechanical question. The kind of motor that will drive it is for later.

14 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

if anyone is able to help me with using ev3 classroom to daisy chain

I used before daisy chaining in the official EV3-G programming, but I did not like it. You can not use sensors from the slave brick, and it does not work reliable. EV3 classroom I never used.

I changed to using MicroPython (PyBricks). This does require a minimal 4GB - Maximal!! 32GB micro SD card for each brick, and you will need to program with MicroPython, depending on your understanding of coding and how good you can learn from reading it might be good for you. I did not know MicroPython at all, but I self learned from reading all info on this site; https://pybricks.com/ev3-micropython/startinstall.html

It allows a very good and fast bluetooth master-slave connection between bricks. My warehouse has 5 EV3 bricks connected together by bluetooth and you can program really complex (or simple) machines with it.

Edited by Mr Jos

12 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

I used before daisy chaining in the official EV3-G programming, but I did not like it. You can not use sensors from the slave brick, and it does not work reliable. EV3 classroom I never used.

I changed to using MicroPython (PyBricks). This does require a minimal 4GB - Maximal!! 32GB micro SD card for each brick, and you will need to program with MicroPython, depending on your understanding of coding and how good you can learn from reading it might be good for you. I did not know MicroPython at all, but I self learned from reading all info on this site; https://pybricks.com/ev3-micropython/startinstall.html

It allows a very good and fast bluetooth master-slave connection between bricks. My warehouse has 5 EV3 bricks connected together by bluetooth and you can program really complex (or simple) machines with it.

are there any people here who are experienced in ev3 classroom?