AmperZand

Favourite sets that you own

What are your top 10 favourite sets that you currently own?

The rules:

• You must currently own the set. You can have modified it, not have it assembled or even be using the parts for MOCs. If you had the set but don't any longer, you can't include it. This rule is to prevent wish lists and to minimise nostalgia for childhood sets.
  • You can pick up to 10 sets. Any more can be 'honourable mentions'. Fewer than 10 is fine. 
  • Please exclude sets that are just one minifigure (possibly with accessories) such as Collectible Minifigures (CMFs) or minifigures in a foil sachet sold with a magazine. They don't count for the purpose of this listing.
  • 'Gifts with purchase' sets are fine.
  • Polybags are fine.
  • Please list set numbers and names. If you can, please include links to LEGO, Brickset, BrickLink or another recognised database. Please don't just list set numbers; few people recognise set numbers. 
  • Please start at 1 at the top, your very favourite.
  • Discussion of others' selections is welcome but please be respectful.

Mine:

1. 70841: Benny's Space Squad - link
  2. 76188: Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile - link
  3. 70403: Dragon Mountain - link
  4. 70612: Green Ninja Mech Dragon - link
  5. 76058: Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team-Up - link
  6. 31120: Medieval Castle - link
  7. 79018: The Lonely Mountain - link
  8. 6927: All-Terrain Vehicle - link
  9. 6034: Black Monarch's Ghost - link
  10. 75005: Rancor Pit - link

Honourable mentions: 4805: Ninja Knights79005: The Wizard Battle9470: Shelob Attacks76205: Gargantos Showdown70221: Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix

Edited by AmperZand

tbh my favourite set currently is the 1989 batmobile due to its sheer size for technic my largest one] is the mclaren f1 car and best technic set i currently own is the green tracked racer set

It never crossed my mind to rank my favorite sets before, so I'll give it a shot: :laugh:
(The first one would be my number one set, I can't decide the positions for 2-10 as I like them all in their own way)

.1 70830 Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship!
.2 70828 Pop-Up Party Bus
.3 41379 Heartlake City Restaurant
.4 44006 BREEZ
.5 10265 Ford Mustang
.6 42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader
.7 31036 Toy and Grocery Shop
.8 41340 Friendship House
.9 41339 Mia's Camper Van 
.10 10260 Downtown Diner

Honorable mentions: 
31065 Park Street Townhouse
31052 Vacation Getaways
42069 Extreme Adventure
31050 Corner Deli
31026 Bike Shop and Cafe

12 hours ago, AmperZand said:

This rule is to prevent wish lists and to minimise nostalgia for childhood sets.

Sorry but I still own all the sets I've ever owned, and maintain nostalgia for some of them! :devil: 

This was a fun and challenging exercise. Since it's our favourite sets in our collections, not even what we're trying to think is objectively best, nostalgia can play a huge role. I remember my anticipation of some of these sets leading up to their release or my purchase of them, as well as my feeling building some of them for the first time - all of that gets wrapped into what makes certain sets my favourites. However, some that I liked a lot at the time I can also look back and say, eh, not as amazing as I used to think, which is why I bumped some to Honourable Mentions or not on the list at all. 

That said, it was difficult and almost arbitrary picking this top 10 order. In most cases it's something about the set as a whole package that made it my favourite - the build combined with the minifigures and how special they were/are combined with the overall value of the set for its price at the time. I couldn't help write a sentence or two of my thoughts on each so that I can look back on my list at a later date and remember my thoughts. Overall I'm a big fan of playsets and have never cared much for the very big sets aimed at older demographics. My love of LEGO came from playing with kid-oriented LEGO and that's the interest that I have maintained to this day.

1. 79003 An Unexpected Gathering - Simply a gorgeous display-worthy set from all angles, like a collector set in a kid-friendly package, with a wonderful collection of Minifigures as well.

2. 70751 Temple of Airjitsu - The only D2C set on my list, but quite high up because this was an absolute treat of a set from the fantastic boxart all the way through building it and displaying it for many years. The Temple contrasts perfectly with the surrounding buildings and landscaping and it provides a complete scene perfect for lively displays with all the Minifigures.

3. 8039 The Battle of Endor - My all-time favourite Star Wars set because it too provided quite a full package with all the factions and key characters, heaps of Minifigures including new Ewoks that set the new Ewok standard and detailed Rebels, best AT-ST in my opinion, and did justice to a location that they've never done before or since.

4. 7419 Dragon Fortress - This set blew me away at the time and still looks great today with excellent colour blocking and overall detail. It had the best ever use of that somewhat awkward raised baseplate, actually making full use of every nook and cranny. Great collection of Minifigures included including some exclusive ones, and overall just a fantastic set for both play and display. (The tracked vehicle sucked though but it's easy enough to overlook)

5. 75954 Hogwarts The Great Hall - Harry Potter LEGO came back in an impressive way in 2018, with this Great Hall symbolizing a shift to more movie accuracy than ever before. Packed with new parts for the theme and with quite a generous complement of Minifigures too, this set was something special to me and made me excited for what was to come (which died down with the re-relaunch in 2021)

6. 4840 The Burrow - Now the new version is definitely better than this one, but I don't own it, and this was my favourite Harry Potter set ever until 2018. It too has a great level of detail inside and out, and has a wonderful set of Minifigures (some of which are better than the newer ones), all for quite a good price at the time. There was extra excitement back when it came out because it was the one truly new part of the 2010 wave that LEGO hadn't done before.

7. 7682 Shanghai Chase - I love both of the car builds in this set, especially how they incorporated the old Adventurers car base but really embedded it into the vehicle, which I thought was very cool then and still do now. I'm not a vehicle person (if you couldn't tell), but I love the style of these and once again the set provides a complete experience with heroes and villains - plus every Minifigure has awesome parts that have remained exclusive.

8. 8596 Takanuva - I got every single Toa and Toa Nuva, and this set was both the culmination of those lines to me and and evolution of the Bionicle line. I absolutely love Takanuva himself in all white with gold armor, contrasting with all the two-tone Toa, and his vehicle was the first of its kind for Bionicle, with a cool look and fun landing gear mechanism. The included glittery variant of his mask was also super cool. This set captured the charm of OG Bionicle but presented in an even bolder way.

9. 6755 Sheriff's Lock-Up - It's a simple set but a favourite, exuding Old West charm. The style and everything included is just perfect for tons of fun, and it too still looks good on display.

10. 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium - I thought about bumping this down to Honourable Mentions, but I really had a great time building and swooshing this set. It's a perfect modern Star Wars set showcasing all the structural integrity that LEGO is now known for, with just the right Minifigures too (besides Luke), and hitting a sensible size and price point for the material - duly large and impressive, but not too large and expensive either.

Honourable Mentions in no order: 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit, 7598 Pizza Planet Truck Rescue, 10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout, 7573 Battle of Alamut, 5981 Raid VPR

Cool topic. I've thought about this before, and it's not easy, but I think I've narrowed it down to these 10:

1. 10188 Death Star

2. 75192 Millennium Falcon

3. 75313 AT-AT

4. 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina

5. 10261 Roller Coaster

6. 493 Space Command Center

7. 10185 Green Grocer

8. 10210 Imperial Flagship

9. 10194 Emerald Night

10. 76178 Daily Bugle

Way to many honorable mentions: most of the other modulars, 89 Batmobile, Winter Village sets, Home Alone house, Mustang, Aston Martin, Disney castle, Saturn V, Pirates of Barracuda Bay, Haunted Mansion, Jabba's palace, Cloud City, UCS Slave I, and of course all classic space sets!

1. 6769 - Fort Legoredo
  2. 6416 - Poolside Paradise
  3. 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay
  4. 40516 - Everyone Is Awesome
  5. 4735 - Slytherin
  6. 6374 - Holiday Home
  7. 6494 - Mystic Mountain Time Lab
  8. 5870 - Pretty Playland
  9. 6242 - Soldiers' Fort
  10. 6097 - Night Lord's Castle

Only one of these is a set I owned in childhood (fond memories of waiting for the Amazon man to deliver the Soldiers' Fort!) and in fact I've acquired all of the others within the past two years.

Oh, and I fully anticipate coming back to revise this list by the end of the year.

Okay then, I second Cloney's statement: I still have every set I ever owned, that is 28 years of LEGO collecting ('cus Mum only let me have system when I turned 5) but we also still have all the Duplo too so I could put one of those in the list :wink:

1: 8635: Mobile Command Center Agents was a great theme, I had all of the first wave. This set has only ever been mildly modified in the years since I purchased it (2008 is a lot longer ago than I care to consider) and still intact on the shelf. This is the truck/lorry base set that I compare all others to. So far nothing has come close to this pinnacle of mobile command centre design. 

2: 5978: Sphinx Secret Surprise A great balance of play and design IMO. A good representation of a Sphinx, but with hidden treasures and a mechanism to play with that doesn't interrupt the lines of the Sphinx design. Johnny Thunder is an excellent original LEGO character too.

3: 6536: Aero Hawk Sure to be a controversial pick! This little set not only "introduced" me to the idea of changing a build, the boat/plane options both in one little set for me to play with when my system collection could fit in a small carton. The design is not far off the actual light aircraft of the type in that era but it also provided me with wings and a wedge for many future aircraft/boat/spacecraft MOCs. Also, the figure had a cool jacket.

4: 70615: Fire Mech Stupendous Mecha! What Exo Force would have been with more support, the chunky but poseable shape, the effective parts use, the colour scheme. I loved building it and it still stands with the other select sets I have not dismantled. 

5: 31120: Medieval Castle A recent purchase, it was enjoyable to build and a nice castle to display. This is one I will likely enjoy for years to come.

6: 10193: Medieval Market Village This was a great Castle set and is really becoming a classic. We're unfortunately not getting sets like this as often as I would like.

7: 10223: Kingdoms Joust Another brilliant Castle set, it resisted the need for gimmicks and was just a solid design. My only regret is not getting two so I could enclose the whole area.

8: 31109: Pirate Ship A Boat! A Pirate ship I can continue to use as a template for future boat projects. 

9: 70653: Firstbourne A fearsome and large Dragon, that is also red, has flapping wings and good colours. A dragon that puts the current Ninjago offerings to shame.

10: 41183: The Goblin King's Evil Dragon A bit of a misnomer, this is a Wyvern, however the Elves dragons were all great little things that looked good. This one is my favourite because of the spring green. 

Here be my top sets, but everything below No 2 were in no particular order, just in order of how I recalled them when making this list.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

6: 10193: Medieval Market Village This was a great Castle set and is really becoming a classic. We're unfortunately not getting sets like this as often as I would like.

Totally forgot this one, which I also own! To be honest it is a fantastic set but I recall it being a massive pain to build with no numbered bags if my memory serves me right, despite LEGO having devised plenty of sets with compartmentalized builds by then.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Totally forgot this one, which I also own! To be honest it is a fantastic set but I recall it being a massive pain to build with no numbered bags if my memory serves me right, despite LEGO having devised plenty of sets with compartmentalized builds by then.

Loved this set at the time - but it was fiddly and fragile. Really needs revisited with new techniques 

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I recall it being a massive pain to build with no numbered bags

It was a joint effort to build between myself, my Mum and my brother, so we had a few trays on the dining table and poured the bags out, with a team effort finding parts we each needed. That was part of the enjoyment for me at the time :grin:

Sorry I'm another one who still has all their childhood sets, so nostalgia incoming!

75243 Slave 1 20th Anniversary - the set that brought me back to Lego after a long break

6980 Galaxy Commander - my favourite childhood set, I always liked the modularity of the ship and how it could operate as separate components or one big craft

10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van - bought after a camping trip through central and northern Australia

6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager - similar reasons to 6980 above

6066 Camouflaged Outpost - I like the build on this one for its time, and my favourite that I own from the Castle line

369 Coast Guard Station - an older set, but it checks out. Even though it predates the modern minifig, I feel it still fits in with my 80s era Legoland/Town sets

853 Car Chassis - as a kid I always needed help for the pistons, so had a great feeling of satisfaction finally putting it together on my own as an adult

6385 Fire House - mainstay of my Lego town

75172 Y-Wing Starfighter - I like how much detail this fits into a playset sized model

6930 Space Supply Station - not many pieces by today's standards, but always seemed like enough for younger me.

Edited by MaximillianRebo

These are the sets I favor most by building and rebuilding them when I have time, so I guess they must be my favorite sets.  They're not listed in a strict order with 1 being the very most favorite of all.

1. 7134 A-wing Fighter (2000, 134 pcs, $15) - A very simple, swooshable little starfighter, the closest match to the Classic Space 918 in the first Star Wars sets.  A perfect adaptation of the source material in the set building style and parts palette of the time, and except for the windscreen and engines it could almost pass for a set made in the Classic Space era itself.
  2. 7140 X-wing Fighter (1999, 263 pcs, $30) - I'm a big fan of every minifig-scale X-wing set ever released, but this is the one I come back to most frequently.  It's a pretty good adaptation of the source material using the set standards and parts of the time, and it makes excellent use of the parts introduced for the first Star Wars waves.  Most importantly, I can absentmindedly build and rebuild it without instructions again and again, which I can't say for any subsequent X-wing.
  3. 7141 Naboo Fighter (1999, 174 pcs, $20) - It's the dumpy ugly duckling of the minifig-scale Naboo fighters, but it's still a reasonably good adaptation of the source material using the set standards and parts of the time, and it's easy to absentmindedly build and rebuild without instructions.  Also, it's a better source of alt builds than 7134 or 7140 - I came up with at least four alt builds of this when I was a kid, including one that I think could pass for an A model.
  4. 918 One Man Space Ship (1979, 86 pcs, $??) - The acme of a simple, swooshable little spaceship with clean lines and snazzy colors and prints, it's also one I frequently pull out of the closet when I just want to put something together without instructions of any kind.
  5. 928 Galaxy Explorer / Space Cruiser and Moonbase (1979, 338 pcs, $32) - It's not just that this is the Galaxy Explorer of Classic Space fame, it's that it is, like the other sets above, a very simple, relaxing, quick build that I can do after a frustrating day at work, when I no longer want to think hard about anything because I do too much of that at work.  I bought it for $160 on eBay, which is about $40 above its inflation-adjusted price ... that's a really terrible price to parts ratio, but considering the play value of the entire set it compares very favorably to the prices of similar play scenarios in modern sets - and more to the point, I've built and rebuilt and swooshed it and displayed it many more times than most other sets I've bought in that price range, which makes it a much better buy and a set I'm much happier about owning.
  6. 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 (2015, 2793 pcs, $230) - I'm not much of a Technic head, so I don't feel the need to keep up with all the latest and greatest Technic releases.  This one is good enough for me - and it has aged well, many Technic fans on this and other forums still hold it as the epitome of what Technic should be.  It looks great, but more importantly it's "got more functions than you can shake a Bohrok at," someone memorably commented on the Brickset review (I think).  Most importantly, it's loads of fun to play with this with my nephews and nieces, using the crane arm to load the truck bed and then dumping out the cargo.
  7. 10213 Shuttle Adventure (2010, 1204 pcs, $100) - As a kid I really just wanted a space shuttle with the external tank and the solid rocket boosters, but with the end of the space shuttle program I didn't expect Lego would ever make another one.  This was a dream come true, and the most expensive set I'd ever bought at the time.  It's more fragile than it should be, but it's a great playset and it looks good on display.  Lego has made quite a few space shuttles since then, but except for the 10231 Shuttle Expedition (2011, 1230 pcs, $100), which was just a revision of this set for extra strength, the only other minifig-scale full shuttle stack has been the vastly simplified and dramatically overpriced one from City, 60080 Spaceport (2015, 586 pcs, $120).

After that there's a lot of different sets that I like for a lot of different reasons, but none that stand out so strongly as to clearly make the top ten.  So I guess I'll stop here, with seven.  Some of these are childhood sets and some are sets acquired in adulthood, but I still have them all.

My favorites are various 80s/90s space and Technic sets. I had some of them as a kid, and got the rest on ebay in the early 2000s. I made slight modifications to fix various little issues on many of them.

6781 SP-Striker: Top space set ever for me, great lighting setup with a light-up control panel inside, and looks very sleek and powerful.

6915 Warp Wing Fighter: Another great mid-size fighter, a bit like an x-wing before they had Star Wars.

6923 Particle Ionizer: This "space helicopter" is packed with details and tools, including a robot minifig.

6939 Saucer Centurion: Looks very fast with all those engines, and has a cool mechanism where the ship splits apart to release the vehicle.

6987 Message Intercept Base: The best space base they ever made, much larger than the later ones and composed to many different sections. The launch pad mechanism is very clever.

6990 Monorail Transport System: The first monorail and the best one in my book. Great designs for both the trains and stations, with cargo containers that are interchangeable across everything.

5571 Giant Truck: The original UCS model before they had UCS, huge and very detailed for its time, with the highest parts count of any Lego set for many years.

8868 Airtech Claw Rig: A legendary set, the only one with a motorized compressor for decades with a fully pneumatic powered claw arm.

8455 Backhoe: Small but very complex model packed with 10 pneumatic functions, which is still unrivaled by anything since then.

8480 Space Shuttle: Unique concept and full of complex functionality for its time, with multiple motors and fiber optic lights.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Okay then, I second Cloney's statement: I still have every set I ever owned, that is 28 years of LEGO collecting ('cus Mum only let me have system when I turned 5) but we also still have all the Duplo too so I could put one of those in the list :wink:.

The colour scheme of the Goblin dragon was fabulous and it's smooth surfaces were not just ahead of it's time but until today one of the best "stud and anti-stud-free" builds.

I have problems relating to sets without only thinking of my modified versions. I guess I wouldn't like any official sets they way they are released.

Honorable mentions:

75292: The Razor Crest - typical Lego SW set, random use of studed plates and no sense  for a consistant colour pattern at all. But I do appreciate the overall proportions: while not being perfect they are very nice for the size and give one of the best interiors of a set this scale. The exterior looks horribly messy without modifications - my version is basically studless (and antistudless) which only requires a change of the hull. Many other SW sets are just wrong in their proportions and colors already and therefore impossible to modify (just compare Mandos N1 ship with all the much smaller and better MOC's).

70618: Destiny's Bounty (from TLNM) - ship is a bit stubby, sails are too small and colours could have been a bit more uniformal (lots of grey and dark tan in between) but for a set at this price this was an insane deal. I got it for 90€  and my modified version with 52 cannons is the pride of my fleet.

70830: Sweet Mayhem's Systar Starship! – Love the set for many reasons. Sad this kind of potential is almost never seen in SW sets. Only an honorable mention because it was insanely overpriced.

70643: Temple of Resurrection
– I gotta include one of the many great Ninjago location sets. Build has a lot of depth, plenty of play features, great figures, great for display. At the time of it's release I was still working with kids and the way they played with it reminded my of my own time with the iconic 7417: Temple of Mount Everest set.

21315: Pop-Up Book – there isn’t much to say, the build, the feature and colors are amazing.

75312: Boba Fett's Starship – good price, great figs, great looks and same play features. The smart build shows you don’t need 100-400€ for a great looking set, capturing the iconic proportions.

71705: Destiny's Bounty – I feel like this was an even cleaner build than the “UCS” style one from TLNM. Great feature, lots of space and great looks. My only criticism would be the weak figures and the colorful technic pins (which I of course replaced among other modifications).

71753: Fire Dragon Attack – I could pick quite a few Ninjago or Elves creatures– almost all have some great proportions, building techniques, as well as some flaws. Here only the bland figures and some dark tan and light grey parts stand out in a bad way. Everything else makes this the best dragon so far. With the sweet Mayhem Systarship it’s the most unique build I have ever seen in a “normal” set.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Ok fine I'll bite. I'll give my top 6 favorites. How's that? 

1. 60154 Bus Station - A lot of people I have met on this forum has disagreed on a public transit subtheme for City as it "doesn't appeal to kids". But I disagree! I can tell you for a fact that a set like this would've definately been a set that I and loads of other people I know would've begged their parents for as a kid. 

2. 60132 Service Station - Best gas station I have owned. Dare I say it, compared to this service center, the ones from 2020 and 2021 are trash (Just offering some hard pills to swallow). But they made great part packs for expansion. I added the 60016 Tanker Truck as a finishing touch. 

3. 60047 Police Station - With minor modifications, the building here was perfect. Switched the sign to fit today's police logo. Goes well with the 2021 police vehicles depending on how you look at it. 

4. 60324 Mobile Crane - Love this thing! Definately fits into my town's construction crew. Much simpler build than older ones. 

5. 60327 Horse Transporter - First time ever getting a horse transporter. I actually just brought this one. I'm also pleased to welcome Bessie into my town and collection of animal molds. That's the name I gave the horse. 

6. 60150 Pizza Van - Acts as both the pizzeria and a delivery van in my town. Great for those who want some semblance of the pizza industry in their town. I think I've mentioned this before but I actually wish Lego would make more City-scale food trucks and focus on those more as the primary food industry related sets with the occasional stationary restaurant. The pizza van and the ice cream truck (which I also have) were good Starts. I wonder if they'll do a Mexican food truck next pr hot dogs. 

So there are my top favorites. 

Edited by Poodabricks

This was a lot more difficult than I expected it to be!

1.) 6399 - Airport Shuttle - This set came out as I was just entering my dark ages. It is a simple design but great fun to build and I love watching my kids enjoy this set now.

2.) 10219 - Maersk Train - Being a lover of all things trains, this set is an outstanding design and makes me wish that Lego would offer more of the same in terms of trains.

3.) 21322 - Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay - This one is all about childhood nostalgia (Pirates!)

4.) 10228 - Monster Fighters Haunted House - A great set, the colours, little details, the entire set is just fantastic. 

5.) 70620 - Ninjago City - A large and very well designed and colourful set, like nothing else in my collection.

6.) 21310 - Ideas Old Fishing Store - Another set filled with intricate details and a wonderful design. 

7.) 21301- Ideas Birds - A very unique set that I find myself displaying on my desk. A great little, well designed set. 

8.) 75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters - Childhood nostalgia x 2 (Fav. movie when I was a kid)

9.)  10193 - Medieval Market Village - Childhood nostalgia x 3 (Castle!)

10.) 40487 - Sailboat Adventure

Honourable mentions: #4554 Metro Station, #10001 Metroliner, #10185 Green Grocer, #10210 Imperial Flagship, #10244 Fairground Mixer.

Edited by crowe-k

The variety of tastes within the AFOL community never ceases to amaze me!

I didn't expect much overlap but am surprise how little there is. There seems to be some between @Peppermint M and me and I could see myself getting some of @Alexandrina's favourites, but otherwise, not much intersection with other AFOLs. 

@CloneO Patra, I didn't mean to exclude nostalgia as a motivation. I just didn't want this thread to become a wish-list of sets some EuroBrickers may once have had. Indeed, nostalgia was in part a driver in some of my picks. In 2014, for example, I sourced the parts needed for 6927 All-Terrain Vehicle as it had been one of my favourites as a teen in the '80s. I didn't still have my original one from back then; it had long since gone to charity. So I bought the parts that I didn't already have and re-built it. It's still in my display collection:

atv_a_full.jpg

atv_c_transporter.jpgatv_b_lab.jpg

atv_d_minifigs.jpg

This is an easy one for me, although I have many hundreds of sets, LEGO Creator set 31070 Turbo Track Racer is my favorite set. It has the perfect amount and variety of parts to create many different styles of automobiles, pretty sure I have build at least a dozen good mocs using only parts from this set. It is also my goto set for traveling or if I just feel like tinkering without getting into my rather extensive parts bins. I actually keep it handy in its own separate resealable container.

I really love the NinjaGo ship from the movie, it's big, beautiful, a joy to build and looks great on display, plus it's cheap.

I'm a MOC builder not a set builder so I don't have many sets but as for what I do have, here is my top 5:

1. Everyone Is Awesome - 40516 - link
  2. NASA Space Shuttle Discovery - 10283 - link
  3. NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander - 10266 - link
  4. Adventures with Mario - Starter Course - 71360 - link
  5. Dragster - 42103 - link (a gift from a fellow LUG member)

I love sail ships and medieval knight, so my favorite sets below

1. 21322 Pirates of Barracuda Bay : Top-graded sail ship shape and cool island parts and etcs, I think this is perfect LEGO.

2. 6271 Imperial Flagship : My first LEGO sail ship.

3. 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner : With 4 cannons each broadside, very powerful sail ship.

4. 6090 Royal Knight's Castle : My favorite LEGO castle, looks like German Neuschwanstein castle

5. 6195 Neptune Discovery Lab : I played this in a pool, it was very interesting memories.

6. 6973 Deep Freeze Defender : I created various starship from this

7. 75280 501st Legion Clone Troopers : I love 501st troop, Umbra campaign feeling.

8. 6086 Black Knight's Castle : It has very cool medieval knights figures, but structure is not good.

9. 6933 Spectral Starguider : This was my first LEGO.

10. 6280 Armada Flagship : It is a small ship, but very noble.

1. 6990 Monorail. Surely the pinnacle of Space sets? Sold my childhood copy for a knockdown price some years ago (to someone who took a bit of advantage IMHO), and now regularly myself for it. Still, I now have another one, and with 6921 and 6347 to boot.

2. 6932 Star Defender 200. A great and underrated set. Sleek, swooshable, and eyecatching. Will be modding this to fix some issues.

3. 6890 Blacktron Invader. As #2

4. 75192. It’s the Millennium Falcon. What else needs to be said?

5. Saturn V. A thing of beauty.

6. 10212 Imperial Shuttle Tyderium. So graceful and hardly looks like Lego.

7. 10300 Delorean time machine. Something I’d been waiting for a long time, specially given how poor the 2013 one was, and that Ecto-1, the 1989 Batmobile, etc, all got more love.

8. 10278 Mack Anthem. Great value and a fine display model. 

9. 70816 Benny’s Spaceship. A modern version of a Classic Space set, a theme which doesn’t get nearly as much love as it should. Where’s our equivalent of Barracuda Bay or the rumoured 2022 Castle set?!

10. Last but certainly not least, Galaxy Explorer. The granddaddy!

OK, my turn. 10 is a low number and my first list was more than twice as large and could not really manage to remove some of them on preference alone, so in the end I tried to keep the list as heterogeneous as possible:

1. 42110 - Land Rover Defender → this set has everything: the looks, the functions, the gearbox, educative value, useful parts, nice Technic-System parts integration... and so many great alternates from the community!
  2. 10283 - NASA Space Shuttle Discovery → everybody will recognize this model and it will most often trigger dreams of space just looking at it, for it is so well done... and the functions are great, too!
  3. 42043 - Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 → a true masterpiece of engineering and electric-pneumatic communion, excellent design and so many useful parts!
  4. 76139 - 1989 Batmobile → how could it not be in this list? The most iconic Batmobile model is so well rendered in LEGO that it has just become a must-have for any Batman fan.
  5. 8043 - Motorized Excavator → a dream come true for an entirely remote-controlled excavator, coming with both complexity AND magnificence in engineering to have all the functions work perfectly.
  6. 71374 - Nintendo Entertainment System → iconic only for old-gamers, this set is also excellent because of its brilliant building techniques that makes it look like a masterclass of LEGO design.
  7. 8868 - Airtech Claw Rig → a legendary set, and the last one I built (3 times) before entering my dark age... I nonetheless kept it preciously in a perfect condition, hoping to build it again someday soon.
  8. 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay → arguably the most beautiful boat LEGO set of all time, what definitely makes it the best is its 2-in-1 "before-after" concept: excellent!
  9. 42025 - Cargo Plane → LEGO has made many planes (especially in City and Creator themes), but this one shines both by the look and the functions. Huge and highly playable. A very good classic.
  10. 5893 - Offroad Power → kind of a pinacle for 3-in-1 "vintage" Creator vehicles, before the "Expert" line came along. I really like how nice and simple everything goes with this set.
Edited by Celeri

I start play lego from January 2023 ,  very short time , Here is my favorite set

1.8069 backhoe loader : absolutely my favorite, a lot of fun to play, pure technic charming

2.42139 6X6 ATV : a very good technic choice, full functions with less number of  pieces.

3.10305 lion knight's castle : the best castle of all time 

4.21322 Pirate of Barracuda Bay : beautiful pirate ship with 2 modes

5.31109 Pirate ship : beautiful pirate ship with 3 very good modes

6.92176 Saturn V : good educational value

7.31088+31058 : very good 3 in 1 set , I can play with my 3 years old daughter