Hi folks,

today i want to share with you my latest MOC.

The towing truck from a car museum called Halle77 located in Dortmund Germany.

Halle 77 Schleppwagen

It all started with me fiddling on a Frontaxle design with steering and drive and the question what to do with it back in february this year.

Halle 77 SchleppwagenHalle 77 Schleppwagen

I thought it would be perfect for a van / transportvehicle and while building an watching youtube the idea in my head was born to build the towingtruck of said location.

The strange part about this partivular vehicle is the way it tips its bed. Instead of simply tilting the bed the whole truck bends its chassis. So the cabin and the bed tilt away from each other.

This function is managed by this big linear actuator

Halle 77 Schleppwagen

Between the rearaxle is a simple gearbox to switch to another function: extending the ramps from the bed

Halle 77 Schleppwagen

Here is a picure from the belly

Halle 77 Schleppwagen

And now more pictures from the almost finishid build. I've adjusted the position of the winch to be more inline

with the real thing but i can't upload the pictures at the moment.

Halle 77 SchleppwagenHalle 77 SchleppwagenHalle 77 Schleppwagen

Halle 77 SchleppwagenHalle 77 SchleppwagenHalle 77 Schleppwagen

Hope you liked / enjoyed it.

If there's any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for watching!

Pretty OK.

I can't recognise, which year transit model this is.

I also see some 3L blue pin partially used, that uncovered middle section stands out (for me).

I really like the front drivetrain, very efficient. It's a strange vehicle, for sure. It looks like the bed raises a bit too, is that right? I cannot figure out how it's done. Or is it just pivots?

11 hours ago, Jurss said:

Pretty OK.

I can't recognise, which year transit model this is.

I also see some 3L blue pin partially used, that uncovered middle section stands out (for me).

I think it’s a mk5 tranny.

Hi guys,

@ Jurss as far as i am informed the base for this is a transit mark 4 facelift. I'm assuming you talk about the 3L pins which are holding the hood in place.

@proran i hope i can explain it: the whole front (cabin) is pulled by the big linear actuator and with some lifting mechanism the bed tilts down at the rear. I'm quite uncertain how the real thing does it but my model

represents the motion quite good i think.... unfortunately i don't have own pictures/videos and i don't know if can link some which i didn't took myself.

@Pato Sentado Thx for your kind comment. But i might ad that it's not only front engine, but also front driven and steered with a running fakeengine and differential.

There's also a stud.io file of the thing i hope it's the latest of the latest iteration and maybe someone would like to have it? How do i share it?

Greetings

1661D379-301E-476A-95EB-0B21D6E489DB.png

This it? Thats one i found on google from a reddit thread somewhere.

really good likeness and impressive  engineering fitting it all in at that scale. The bonnet lines instantly had me in mind of that generation of transit, well done :)

Edited by Nuts4Lego
Moved image

10 hours ago, roxXx5 said:

I'm assuming you talk about the 3L pins which are holding the hood in place.

Yes, the same to wich A-pillars are connected.

10 hours ago, roxXx5 said:

transit mark 4 facelift.

I thought so, but front lights needs to be higher, almost 1 stud seems too low.