Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR-FB] Calico Jacks Pirate Emporium & Haberdashery

Argh me Maties! Bring ye self down to Calico Jack's where we specialize in all things Pirate.

Calico Jacks Pirate Emporium_2

Jack's is your one stop shop for all your Pirate and Pirate Accessory needs!

Calico Jacks Pirate Emporium

Matter of Fact if Jack's don't have it or can't get it then your never really needed it!

Calico Jacks Pirate Emporium_4

Be it fitting your newly acquired merchant ship will all the proper supplies ...

Munitions

Or charting your way across the Brick Seas we have all the latest maps, and even some rarely charted ones ...

Which way did he go George

Ole Jack has all the latest Captain fashions and even some classics to identify you from one of the crew ...

Captain's Garb

Our hatter is sure to have a hat to cover your ugly mug.  Don't worry our feathers are all sourced from renewable feathered sources ...

Hats Galore

Ain't havin' much luck at pillagin' or simply want to deck out your cabin? Ole Jack has found wonders and trinkets from around the world to impress your enchained guests.  Jack's also carries the finest chests crafted exclusively by our skilled carpenters out of exotic wood.  The best ye find this side of the Brick seas

Oh Shiney

So Come on Down to Calico Jacks ye won't be disappointed as we'll have you looking like a proper Pirate when ye leave.  Complimentary Parrot with any purchase over 1000Db.

Calico Jacks Pirate Emporium_5

OoC: This will be licensed as a large Commerce on the main Isle of Shipwreck Cove of Black Rock

This is a great store! This is where I like to spend the doubloons I found. The building looks good from the outside and inside. It has a very large selection of different goods.

It would have looked even better with a couple of minifigures as customers and vendors.

1 hour ago, NOD said:

This is a great store! This is where I like to spend the doubloons I found. The building looks good from the outside and inside. It has a very large selection of different goods.

It would have looked even better with a couple of minifigures as customers and vendors.

Fear not Lad we will gladly accept your doubloons 

... And The figures are coming in another post ... This was just an ad lol 

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

This was just an ad lol 

Damn you for bringing ads to the brick seas! 

Jokes aside, the store looks amazing. The details on both the buildings and furniture are great. I love that you took the time ro add the blue/yellow building to the right of the store as it makes it look like the store is in the city center.

The 2 hat stands are probably my favorite builds of the moc

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Calico Jack's

Love it! Very creative and fun, with some nicely detailed furniture. :thumbup:

Best store I have ever seen. Now we also know what famous pirates do after they have retired from plundering. :pir_laugh2:

Great assortment of stuff, neatly layed out to capture our dubloons.

But what really sells this for me is the classic green door! :pir-love:

Amazing story my friend! Love the different sections and especially the typical front of the building. just a beautiful and fun build. Terrific job! 

13 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Damn you for bringing ads to the brick seas! 

Jokes aside, the store looks amazing. The details on both the buildings and furniture are great. I love that you took the time ro add the blue/yellow building to the right of the store as it makes it look like the store is in the city center.

The 2 hat stands are probably my favorite builds of the moc

The other building is kinda a forced perspective trick to give Jack's that giant mega store feel.  And also for another story.  Hense why there will be figs in another post lol.  Glad the hats went over well.

12 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Now that's a haberdashery! Beautiful attention to details. That has to be every pirate bit in the catalogue!

Thank you, its not quite but that was the idea that they literally carry everything Pirate.  Originally I had another clothing rack but it never made the cut as I liked the posed figures but you couldn't see them through the window so we'll so I did a display inside as well.

12 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Love it! Very creative and fun, with some nicely detailed furniture. :thumbup:

Thanks! Jack's might just have to run an ad in the KPA lol

8 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Best store I have ever seen. Now we also know what famous pirates do after they have retired from plundering. :pir_laugh2:

Great assortment of stuff, neatly layed out to capture our dubloons.

But what really sells this for me is the classic green door! :pir-love:

I'm glad you approve! I tried to work in several classic pirate pieces as well as some other classic set elements ... See if you can spot others!

6 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Amazing story my friend! Love the different sections and especially the typical front of the building. just a beautiful and fun build. Terrific job! 

Thank you, I wasn't sure at first how to advertise the store ... Just a small sign with custom decal or build it into the brick.  Then this kinda developed and I liked it so the giant letters stayed lol.

3 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Pirate extravaganza! I loved it! Nice and innovative furniture too!

Thanks, the furniture was the hardest part ... I had a bunch of parts and was trying to find a good way to display them all uniquely lol

Is that a Poe reference pirched upon your chamber door? I keep finding new stuff.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

3 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Is that a Poe reference pirched upon your chamber door? I keep finding new stuff.

Lol you noticed.  

Have been checkin the topic a few times before replying. Love it!

The facade is a bit off, but then again, that makes it perfect. Interior is top notch and it is brilliant how you did the presentation of the different parts by really filtering the core from the background (Guess you worked with models, but still a clever idea).

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Have been checkin the topic a few times before replying. Love it!

The facade is a bit off, but then again, that makes it perfect. Interior is top notch and it is brilliant how you did the presentation of the different parts by really filtering the core from the background (Guess you worked with models, but still a clever idea).

Thanks Lol I sorta purposely built it bigger than needed ... To give the "big box store" feel realistically there would never be such a building In old times lol it would be a small long shop. But yes all the displays are their own sub model so they can be moved easily.  There are several submodules in sub models also.   It really helps especially with furniture IMHO to do it this way as you can select and move it easier.  I do all my Minifigures this way as well.