Sign in to follow this  
Snazz04

LEGO LMS 4F

Hello all! Its been a while since I posted so let me share my latest creation I have been working on. This is an LMS 4F I built in 1:40th scale. It includes a detailed interior and also has space for a circuit cube in the tender. Speaking of the tender, I had some troubles making the tender so my friend SethBricked on Flickr kindly lent me the file of his 4F WIP. It was in 8W so I downscaled it to 7W. Feel free to post your opinions.

51976488262_ed2eae65c9_c.jpgLMS 4F by Snazz04, on Flickr

Very good, at first glance i thought it was an O scale manufactured model. Do you have any more pictures on Flickr or elsewhere? How does it run with the Circuit Cubes motor? I imagine you need to run on wide radius curves not R40? Thanks for sharing.

43 minutes ago, idlemarvel said:

Very good, at first glance i thought it was an O scale manufactured model. Do you have any more pictures on Flickr or elsewhere? How does it run with the Circuit Cubes motor? I imagine you need to run on wide radius curves not R40? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I actually dont know how circuit cubes work :iamded_lol:I just know that the tender will fit the dimensions. Also I will be uploading more renders on Flickr soon.

11 hours ago, garethjellis said:

This looks lovley, would like to see it in 8 wide

Thank you Gareth and thats certainly food for thought!

Oh, a very nice looker! Great job all around. Are you planning on building it in real bricks?

20 hours ago, Snazz04 said:

It includes a detailed interior

Please show a shot or two!

As for the circuitcube, they are pretty powerful for what they are, but both the battery and the motors are pretty small. It is also pretty slow without gearing which takes a lot of space and reduces the power. So be prepared for the possibility that you might have to upgrade. On the flip side, it looks like there is probably room for a PU battery box up top and a train motor down low in the tender.

28 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Please show a shot or two!

51977915617_8e09bb591a_c.jpgLMS 4F Interior by Snazz04, on Flickr

30 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Oh, a very nice looker! Great job all around. Are you planning on building it in real bricks?

Maybe....I have not successfully translated any of my models into real life bricks yet but that might change in the future as I am quite busy.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, Snazz04 said:

LMS 4F Interior by Snazz04, on Flickr

Nice! Those grab bars remind me of a snippet in the "virtual shop tour" of the P2 Prince of Wales, (unfortunately the tour isn't working at the moment, at least on my computer) where they talked about having to make the quarter rounds themselves to line the edge of the sheet meal around the cab. This ubiquitous practice on steam engines would use common stock that could be bought anywhere back in the day.

On 4/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Nice! Those grab bars remind me of a snippet in the "virtual shop tour" of the P2 Prince of Wales, (unfortunately the tour isn't working at the moment, at least on my computer) where they talked about having to make the quarter rounds themselves to line the edge of the sheet meal around the cab. This ubiquitous practice on steam engines would use common stock that could be bought anywhere back in the day.

Back in the day it would have all been done in-house. The facilities at the likes of Doncaster and Crewe were immense.