Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Star Wars Tantive IV

indexed.gif

Here's another part of the display that Copmike and I brought to BrickWorld in Chicago:

tantive_iv_002.jpg

Click the image for full gallery

We team built this in the classic fashion of one person builds it and the other person takes it apart and re-assembles it better. I built this, originally, for a comic for Copmike's birthday. Since I wasn't done in time, he didn't get to see it before asking me if I wanted to build some Star Wars Fabuland for BrickWorld. I told him I already had some because of the birthday comic and the ideas just poured out (and are still pouring out :wink: ) from there.

Here are the custom figs from this MOC:

tantive_iv_033.jpg

tantive_iv_034.jpg

tantive_iv_035.jpg

And some more pics: (Click any image for the full gallery)

tantive_iv_012.jpgtantive_iv_016.jpgtantive_iv_019.jpg

Enjoy and please feel free to post feedback! :sweet:

Haha that is very odd, I like it, the way Fabuland parts are integrated in it makes it seems kind of funny. :thumbup:

Twas ingenious to use the sheep as Stormtroopers, it works really well! :laugh:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Now there's the one I love. The Tantive IV isn't bad either. :wink:

You know, one of the things that made that scene work in the original movie was it's unexpected nature. We'd never seen Stormtroopers before. Now, we see a group of white armoured figures enter and our minds are forced to wonder if all that we'd always known was about to be turned upside down. White is for heroes. The humans are wearing black. Are we backwards here? Then we see Vader enter, classically black and ominous, and suddenly it's all clear again.

Then, they made the prequels. No longer are we surprised by Vader or the Stormtroopers. We've already seen the ship, we know what's going on. It's ruined. The innocence is lost.

That's what this represents.

First, we're treated to the surprise element. Cute little Lambs vs. a bunch of Pigs. Can we be wrong? The lambs must be good! But wait... that black bear. He's the evil we expected all along. You can almost hear his raspy honey laden breathing. Oh, the ride this takes us on.

Then, we reflect on the whole thing. We realise that those cute widdle lambs are the minions of an evil force represented by a bear. Innocence lost. Good is bad and lambs are killing pigs in a quest for galactic dominance.

And as the train pulls into the station, we realise that we're right back where we started, but we've changed along the way. We no longer take innocent appearances for granted. We can no longer simply assume that all of our preconceived notions are true. We must face the reality of a changing world.

That and it looks really cool! :wub:

Is the red vacuum supposed to be a Fabuland droid?

Oh, and some kid with a tail said that you were bad. I shoved him in an escape pod and jettisoned him with the rest of the garbage. :grin:

Indeed, this is fabulous :wub:

Don't bother to repeat all I wrote in the Fabuland-DS topic, but all of it is true for this MOC too. Really, really cool concept. :classic:

And for some reason Shadows' rambling made me want to listen to Animals by Pink Floyd (after all, it has songs about both sheep and pigs)

Another fantastic Fabuland creation, well done to both of you! :thumbup:

This really made me laugh, I thought immediately when I saw it in some pictures from BrickWorld (NannanZ gallery) that you must be involved. And you were, 'cause you were in those pictures too! :grin:

This one is one of my favourites, it portrays the classic scene excellently and still gives that hilarious Fabuland edge we have all come to know and love.

I just wish I could have been there to see it in the flesh plastic... :cry_sad:

Oh, and that was very... touching Shadows. :laugh: A great analysis. :grin:

"These blast points are too accurate for sand people. Only Imperial Sheeptroopers are so precise."

Great stuff, Hinckley. Terrific concept, perfectly executed.

..... :laugh:

Oh man, this is so awesome in so many ways. This has to be one of the coolest MOC's I've seen this entire year. Genius, Hinckley. :thumbup:

Hm, can we possibly expect any other MOC's in this series? *hopeful* :classic:

Very funny, indeed! :laugh:

I really like your star-warsized Fabuland, Sir Nadroj :thumbup:

SirNadroj?! :wacko:

It's Hinckley and Copmike!

Another superb MOC. This movie scene is very nice, and both of you managed to merge the essence of the movie and merged it into Fabuland theme. It's very wonderful and sweet, and I enjoyed viewing the combination of the stormtrooper and the rebel trooper. It's nicely done! :thumbup:

again, great work, you two :thumbup: . I like the DS a little better, this one just cracks me up, with the pigs fighting the sheep... :laugh:

This is a complete unexpected MOC and it´s great! :wub:

As IS already pointed out I would have expected the lambs to be good and the pigs to be bad... :blush:

Very very clever!

Here's another part of the display that Copmike and I brought to BrickWorld in Chicago:

When are we to see pictures from BrickWorld?

You two ON!

I don't know, I kinda agree with Rat-Tail, the Sheep-stormtroopers are kinda...gulp...scary. :look:

:tongue:

Great job, guys. I love the use of the flowerbed window piece and the vacuum cleaner... is that blood? I don't remember any in the film. :tongue:

Great job, guys. I love the use of the flowerbed window piece and the vacuum cleaner... is that blood? I don't remember any in the film. :tongue:

Thanks! That vacuum cleaner isn't blood, it's a vacuum cleaner. The Imperials caught the Rebels on cleaning day... :laugh: Credit to Copmike for adding the vacuum, the fridge and the postcards :laugh: :laugh:

This MOC was hilarious when i saw it at Brickworld! :laugh:

I love it! :wub:

The sheep, pics, frig, vacuum,... are all awesome!

Great work Copmike and Hinck :thumbup:

Another perfect recreation of an iconic scene.

Great job, Copmike & Hinckley :thumbup::thumbup:

LuxorV

Aha, this is ingenious! Why has no one thought of Star Wars Fabuland before? Their both two beloved themes... :tongue:

Really, this is awesome. Great job guys! :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

SirNadroj?! :wacko:

It's Hinckley and Copmike!

An easy enough mistake considering this...

hinckley_host.jpgHinckley... and then Sir Nadroj avatarbetter.jpg

i nearly made the same mistake once... :blush: sorry for the size of SirNadroj pic, i couldnt find a smaller version...

mean while, This is a great Fabuland/Starwars moc, simply great! I love the fact the Sheep(storm)troopers caught the rebel pigs(scum) on cleaning day!

Regards Cpt. PB

Very nice! :thumbup::grin:

* warning: this sheep will shoot! *

Fabuland on!

Star wars parodies on!

This is more classic than classic should be allowed.

I am in love with this setup. The figure choices are perfect and all those little details in the background make this even better. My favorite detail is the eyelashes on the sheep troopers. Nothing like a friendly and cute face staring at you while you get blasted.

Would have like to see a C3PO and Leia, not sure how you could pull off a non-humanoid droid for R2 though.

This is more classic than classic should be allowed.

I am in love with this setup. The figure choices are perfect and all those little details in the background make this even better. My favorite detail is the eyelashes on the sheep troopers. Nothing like a friendly and cute face staring at you while you get blasted.

Would have like to see a C3PO and Leia, not sure how you could pull off a non-humanoid droid for R2 though.

Thanks Suvie D! When I originally conceived this, I had Ras's head on the R-2 body, but once CopMike and I started working on the greater concept we got it completely away from people's sig-figs...